Jenn's Reverie

Friday, September 10, 2004

Music of Me

Okay, so I've been going cd crazy! I never used to spend a lot of money on cd's, but for about the past 3 months I can't stop! It's like on payday, I'm off, to the record store I go. My new thing is buying cd's that other people like. Cd's that they compliment and really love. My reason's for this is to check out varieties. I also think it's great to listen to music my friends like. It gives me an idea of who they are and what they like. Most of the cd's that I've been recommended I've really liked. Or actually all of them. The one's I've bought that I don't like are my fault. I tend to be in a record store for hours at a time and I usually end up leaving with something I've never heard of. Gabe was telling me that he finds new bands by reading on them. I find them by wasting my money on their cd! Not too long ago I bought "Flaw." I heard about 20 seconds of every track and thought it sounded like I'd like it. Um, well I was wrong! One track is bearable, other than that, it's a no go. This week I bought 2 Ryan Adam's cd's. "Rock N Roll," which I don't like, and "Heartbreaker". I also got Bjork's "Medulla." This is an album with some talent. I got it because it was recommended. I've never listend to Bjork much, and the music isn't something in my usual nature, but I do like it. Her voice is amazingly pretty and different. Also, the voice beats are great. So check it out. The last cd I bought that I just totally fell in love with was Audioslave (self titled). I can not express how much I love this band! The cd is just freakin' awesome and it's been ages since I bought a cd where I liked every track! That's right, every damn track! Really, I don't care if you don't like them. I listen with my ears, not yours, so it doesn't matter if your ears don't like it! I can't play this cd out. I just love to work-out to it when I'm at the gym, it gets me all worked up. Everyone should have this album in their collection. www.audioslave.com I love Chris Cornell's voice (he owned with Soundgarden too), and I mean c'mon, the band is Rage! What more need I say?! Not too long ago I bought 30 Seconds To Mars, also recommended. These guys rock! It's a great album, I really do recommend it. They have some awesome beats and the vocals own. www.thirtysecondstomars.com Another good site for some band music and info. is www.immortalrecords.com . I've also download some Poison the Well, and I liked. Some Atreyu, I also liked. I was surprised that I liked me some hardcore. Go me! Anyway, here's what my cd collection consists of, so you get an idea of my music. . .

-Portishead (self titled)
-Nickelback "The Long Road"
-The White Stripes "Elephant"
-Janes Addiction "Nothing's Shocking" and "Ritual de lo Habitual"
-The Police "Every Breath You Take"
-Pixies "Doolittle"
-Sonic Youth (self titled)
-GNR "Appetite For Destruction"
-Johnny Cash "Super Hits"
-Elvis Costello (self titled) and "This Years Model"
-Leonard Cohen "I'm Your Man"
-Nirvana "Nevermind" and "In Utero"
-Van Halen "Best Of" and "1984"
-Led Zeppelin (self titled)
-Stone Temple Pilots "Purple"
-Pearl Jam "Vitalogy"
-Eagles "Greatest Hits" and "Hell Freezes Over"
-Korn "Issues"
-Santana "Supernatural"
-Alicia Keys "Songs in A Minor" and "The Diary Of Alicia Keys"
-Genuine "The Bachelor" and "The Senior"
-Prince "Purple Rain"
-Mariah Carey "Greatest Hits"
-Ludacris "Chicken and Beer"
-D'Angelo "Brown Sugar"
-Justin Timberlake "Justified"
-Eminem "The Eminem Show"
-Outkast "Speakerbox," "The Love Below"
-Limp Bizkit "Signifcant Other"
-Many, many different oldie mixes
-LOTS of "Cumbia's and Salsa's" to include Selena
[My mom and her boyfriend are dj's that do really well out here. They play weddings, graduations and lots more. So I have an advantage with the all the spanish stuff. The Ranchera's, Cumbia's and Salsa's. Also with all the hip hop. They're dj's, they have to keep up with all the good stuff. So I'm lucky when it comes to that.]

Here's my wish list. . .(yes, I carry a wishlist in my wallet!)
-Prince "Musicolgy"
-Scorpions "Greatest Hits (3 dics)"
-GNR "Greatest Hits"
-Bon Jovi "Greatest Hits"
-Portishead "Dummy"
-Deftones "Pony"
-Black Label Society
-Alice In Chains
-Static X
-Drowning Pool
My problem is I always walk out with something other than these! I'm a dork, I know.

So anyway, now you have an idea of what I listen to. I didn't name much of my specialty which are slow jams. For the simple fact that I mix those. They consist of Genuine, Keith Sweat, Avant, Usher, Maxwell, Isley Brothers, Ottis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Silk, Shai and so forth. I also LOVE "monster ballads." I LOVE oldies! I'm open to listen to anything once. Doesn't mean I'll like it, but I like a huge variety. I like some country too. So you have any suggestions or recommendations?! Let me know. I'll add it to my wish list, or download a song and check it out!
Until next time. . .

You got to give or you're gonna receive





posted by Jenn Doll at 1:49 PM

2 Comments:

Sorry I only listen to Finnish/Norwegian metal now so I can't help you. Except listen to GNR........buy the two Illusion albums before you go buying that gay greatest hits cd. AXL DIDNT EVEN AUTHORIZE ITS RELEASE!!!

6:44 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home