Jenn's Reverie

Monday, September 20, 2004

Where Did I Put My Memory?

On my way to work tonight I was listening the the "Quiet Storm." As I usually do. And this really old song came out that I haven't heard in ages! I found myself singing the lyrics, not only to the chorus but the entire song. I start thinking to myself, how the hell do I still know all these words?! I find that I'm good with that. If I've ever known the lyrics to a song, I will always know the lyrics to that song. Whether it's been months or years since I've heard it. I started getting confused and questioning my memory. I mean, I can't freakin' remember what color of underwear I put on in the morning! I meet someone and have to ask them their name a million times before I finally get it. I remember back when I had a brain cell, I remember anybody's and everybody's name. I was and still am good with numbers. I can memorize a number after hearing it only once. Ever since the great invention of cell phones though, I don't ever see anyone's number. I just scroll to the name and hit call. So don't expect me to remember your number k. Or your name at that. Like there's this one person I talk to, and I can't remember his name, and I don't want to tell him that. He say's, "I have a name you know." I just say, "I know." I mean, should I tell him? He's not someone I talk to all the time or have some kind of special relationship with or one at all. Maybe I should just ask. I don't know. Anyway, so maybe having a 6 year old son contributes to the fact that I have a memory loss now. I'm seriously so bad now. It's not my fault when I have something to say, right when I'm gonna say it I forget. I mean, if I call your name, say what the first time. Because if not, chances are when you do acknowledge me, I won't have anything to say. Some of my friends say, "well, it must not have been important then." The sad part is, when I finally remember, it IS something important. Every time too. It never fails. So to my friends that I see and hang out with regularly, it's not that I don't want to remember, it's that I really can't. I promise I love you! For real! Quit yelling at me! If you want me to damn remember, buy me a damn notebook and I'll write it down. But I'll probably forget where I put the notebook. What was I saying? I dunno, until next time. . .

Do you know enough to know the way. . .
posted by Jenn Doll at 12:10 PM

2 Comments:

Damn bitch, I am the same exact way. I can remember lyrics to songs I havne't heard in 10 years. They always say its easier to remember things to music, so maybe that's why. Ariel was jsut online and you missed her! Her and Jason got married! I wish you didn't have to work, ho bag. I mean, I love you!

1:06 AM  

Haha, oh how I love you Jenn.

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home