Jenn's Reverie

Friday, October 15, 2004

Another Titleless Post, I Suck At Titles. . .So What?!

So it's been almost 5 days since I've been back from my vacation, and I finally unpacked yesterday. Talk about procrastination. I still haven't quite got back to "normal." Usually after a vacation, by the 2nd maybe 3rd day, I'm back to "normal." But I just can't seem to get there this time. I haven't done a damn thing since I've been back either, though. Home, work, home, work. Pretty much what my routine has been. Except for last night. I got crunked! Score! It was cool and different. I went to Valerie's house, which is like a 40 second walk with my cousin who turned 21. Yay! Kinda sad actually. She's the baby of the family, other than the grand kids, so we were all kinda sad about it. Anyhow, I was feeling like I just needed a beer and some good ol' fashioned girl fun. So I got a twelve pack of Corona (so I could open them with my lighter), and a couple of miniatures. When I got to Valerie's she said, "the beer's in the fridge." So I walked into the kitchen to get one and fucken nailed my leg on the oven. She had left it open. Sonofabitch it hurt. Thanks again Val. So then began the asinine and I hadn't even drank. So I figured, this should be an interesting night. So I grab a beer and so does Katrina (my cousin). I'm kinda nervous about her drinking. Like, I'm thinking I'm gonna come home and get in trouble for getting my little cousin drunk. Anyhow, so the "girl talk" began and of course it's about boys. I break out the laptop and share the pictures from my vacation, which led to a story for every picture. Played some music, and just kept throwing 'em back. I knew that Valerie and I could take out the 12 pack and still want more, so I decided on drinking really fast and smoking alot of cigarette's. It worked, I got pretty damn faded. Katrina had two beers and then needed to pee. When she came staggering down the hallway, I 86'd her on the alcohol. See, I'm a good big cousin! I told her that there was nothing wrong with being buzzed after only a couple. So she gave in and told us how fun it was to be dizzy. Val was on the phone with some Carlos guy, and she was telling me how cool he was and eventually I found out. I got to talk to him on the phone, and holy fuck this guy was cool. I want him to be like my big brother/shrink now. I don't know how or why, but I started telling him my life situation and where I'm at, and he had the best fucking things to say. Positive, but not blind. By not blind, I mean if he thinks it's wrong he'll tell you, but still he'd find the positive in it. I guess I could go on about this guy, who I don't know forever or something, but I won't. Just be jealous that I got to talk to him. And one thing he did say, "just go with your instincts." So after I was feeling good and done talking to Mr. Carlos, I started spamming with text messages. But I don't feel bad about it, so hah! It was fun, and I was real and Carlos said it's okay! Haha! Katie, sorry girl. I got caught up in the moment. I'll have to tell you more later. Anyhow, I ended up back in the living room after smoking cigarettes like they were crack. And we rolled around on the floor. I'm not sure how or why but yeah, Val and I played grab ass for a while. She was talking about girls she's kissed or something and I was like, "Hey, you wanna make out?!" But she just laughed at me, so no dice there. I guess I don't know how to spit game to a girl. Damn that sucks, I thought I was gonna get "crazy." But nooo! Then Val started playing DJ with the music. In which we were listening to the music on my computer. And come Eric's cd "Dead Flowers and New Seeds." Well Eric, you got props. We were laughing our asses off at any and everything when "Veini Con Me" came on, and Val just stopped and looked at, um nothing. She was concentrating on the song and so we're all wondering what's gonna come of this sudden stop and she say's, "OoOo, I wanna make love to this song." So we just stay quiet, stare at each other for a second and then bust up. So I'd say that's a good "critique" on your music, Eric. So Katrina and I come home at around, 3-ish, I think, and I'm thinking I'm not tired. Yeah right. I passed the fuck out. Woke up at 7am all :D, and then passed the right the fuck out again. Sweet-titties! All in all, I'd say it was a good night. A much needed time with a friend and a cousin, and I got to tell someone about what's going on in my life. Val's a cool cat, so being able to talk to her helped me. And Carlos too! Does this mean I'm stalking Val's "friend" Carlos? Damn! Anyhow, be happy for me that I had fun doing absolutely nothing. Ever fall asleep at work and drool all over? Yeah, that'll be me tonight when I go in for some OT. Damn Valerie woke me up at 9 this freakin' morning being all spastic that she can't find her phone. Turns out, she blacked out last night. Sweetass!! So later I'm gonna tell her how we dyked out and I'm all emotional that she doesn't remember.

*****************
Music reviews and what have you.

Okay, I have to give some mad props to "the boys" in Cali.
*First, I got a CD from Gabe of his old band. Which included Eric, his brother Dan and some other guys. The CD "The Difference Engine." WOW! Now there's only three tracks on this CD, but it had me stunned. Gabe on the first track is fucken awesome! And the band is just on point. I really do love it guys. Thanks for finding me be special enough to have your CD. Now I really feel you guys on the RIP, because you guys did it up and did it well. Gabe, you've always had my respect, but you've earned more with that. And knowing you guys sold-out in Hollywood, that says something. And it makes me happy to know that I know someone with talent! Gabe, you didn't tell me you could sing damnit! Don't hold out, sheesh!
*Second, I am happy to say that I am one of thee first people to get Eric's solo, which I've mentioned, "Dead Flowers and New Seeds." Mariah was the other. But he put mine in my hand first, so I'm the first damnit. Anyhow, I'm also "awed" by the talent. I think the CD is great and it fuckin' owns. It inspires me to write, which is really fuckin' kick ass. Given I haven't written in ages. And shit, it makes my friends want to have sex! Sweet huh? Just to let you know, my favorite tracks are "Act Two In A Play That Never Was," "Veini Con Me," and I just can't get enough of you and Gabe on "Stardog 187." It's actually my voicemail greeting now. Him asking you "How do you feel about your recent success in Europe?" and then laughing. That's priceless! Wow, I like that word lately.

Anyway, I think this post is boring, for the most part. Which I tend to be lately. Wait, maybe I always have been? Why don't you assholes tell me?! Damnit it, I'm going now.

Live and let love. . .
posted by Jenn Doll at 10:47 AM

2 Comments:

Sheesh, and you call me a lesbian? I don't think so lady. You're the best big cousin ever. I wish I had an older one to take me out and get me drunk, but I'm the oldest cousin out the 19 of us, on my dad's side. I have a step cousin Micheal who's 22, on my mom's side, but he doesn't count, cause he lives in Arizona and don't see him often at all. I'm deprived. No older siblings or cousins. Woe is me. I want to hear the music of the California boys too, so you should send me a copy, ho. And Dylan, Jenn and I are just exciting people who have exciting lives and just want the whole goddamn word to know. Not really. I could ramble about wallpaper for 3 hours, if you wanted me to. Any takers?

5:26 PM  

Dylan, it's like Katie said, we just want the whole damn world to know. Why would we not. We'd be depriving you of all this knowledge and lesbian actions. I mean, that's just mean. Katie, wallpaper? Hell yeah, bring it!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home