Jenn's Reverie

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Fame & Misfortune

VH1, MTV, yes, I am addicted. What can you say? 'Jenn, you're a lameass!' 'Jenn, get a life!' Quit yelling at me, I don't care! So anyway, if you're done talking about me, I've been watching tonight at work. First of all, I don't like Linkin Park. I like one song and I don't know the name of it. So tonight, on one of the two afor-mentioned stations, I see Linkin Park. So I'm getting ready to change the channel and what the hell?! It's Jay Z. So I figure I'd watch for a minute to see what it's all about. I mean, these guys all on stage together? Then again, they did come to concert with Snoop Dogg. Anyhow, so I'm watching and it's Linkin Park songs vs. Jay Z songs. They "connected" them. I thought, yeah right. How good can this be? First, let me tell you my opinion on Jay Z. I didn't use to care for him. I mean, I liked some of his music. Mostly the main-stream stuff they played on the radio all the time. I mostly liked it because I could dance to it. So one day I go to the. . .uh. . .the. . .um, okay, I forgot the name of the concert, but it was a concert. Headlining Jay Z. Sean Paul was there, Fifty Cent, Busta Rhymes, Fabolous, Beyonce made a surprise guest appearance, good Lord she's hott, and I don't remember if anyone else was there. Anyhow, Jay Z, naturally, was last to perform. I was ready to leave before he even came out, to beat the traffic. But my friend convinced me to stay. So I did. Well sonofabitch I'm glad I did. Jay Z tore it up! I gained a respect for him then and there. He free-styled. He did some "in memory's of" (Left Eye, Aaliyah, Biggie, 2Pac.) He was just insane on the mic. His lyrics were so clean. As well as his vocals. I was like, whoa! So since then, I actually pay attention to him. So anyway, I watched Jay Z perform with Linkin Park on tv tonight, and now I have a respect for Linkin Park. Dude, they're really not that bad. I don't care if you yell at me. I like them now. So hah! Or at least, I liked their performance. I didn't watch it all, but what I did see, I thought was pretty sweet. Mixing up the songs and putting them "together" turned out to be not so bad. I guess I'll have to pay Lincon Park some more attention. Well, not the crap they play on the radio, but maybe some of their other stuff. I'm sure I'm going to get shit from one of you assrammer's, but have it. So then (!), I'm watching VH1's 100 Most Shocking Moments in Rock 'n Roll. Man that shit was sad. It's a good thing I didn't wear eye liner tonight. I caught the last of it. One time, at a 'Who' concert, the fans trampled over other fans trying to rush and push their way through the doors, killing 11. I can't believe people get that crazy for a celebrity. I've met so many, and they're just people. Yeah, given you have the assholes who act bigger than life, but we have those with our everyday people. I'm sure celebrity's have that whole "Everyone only wants my money" attitude. I can't blame them. But still, don't be a dick because you're famous. Because I don't care. But the people that were killed at that show, I mean, how can you not feel yourself stepping on someone? And then for a celebrity? Sad, just sad. Anyway, they had the whole Mili Vanili saga on there. I thought it was 100 Shocking Moments in ROCK 'N ROLL. Mili Vanili? Rock 'n roll? What the fuck?! But, it was sad how one of them commited suicide after it all. They had Michael Jackson and his pediphile-ness. I don't pay much attention to the news to have an opinion of whether or not I think he's guilty. But, to the 2nd set of parents that let their kids go, you dipshits! You don't let your kids go stay the night with someone who's been accused of child molestation! I don't care if it IS Michael freakin' Jackson and he wasn't proven guilty. Seriously. Pull your head outta your ass. But, I still think he's a cracker ass for hanging his kid over the balcony that one time. They also had the story of Kurt Cobain. I think that's a sad story everytime I hear it. That's the first time I see footage on it too. I've read stuff on the net. And saw the alleged suicide note. I say alleged, because it's a scanned copy. So who knows if it was real. But they played audio of Courtney Love reading the letter, man it was sad. Then the number one most shocking moment, which the others I just mentioned were not in order, anway, number one was the murder of John Lennon. Wow, watching that gave me the chills a few times. They were playing, "Imagine" in the background and I think I was holding back tears. That song alone makes me feel all pageant princess "I want world peace." Then to think, it was some crazed fan. Poor celebrities. Well, the cool ones. Someone should shoot Britney Spears. Or she could get all Kurt Cobain or Mili Vanili and I'd be happy. God that's mean. Forgive me. But she should "disappear." It's not like I have some daughter who likes her or something. Thank God!! Strange enough, she's on the damn tv right now. "I'm a slaaave for you." That happens to be thee only song I like of hers. Too bad she's the dumbest broad and biggest whore on the face of this planet because she's so pretty. I could rant about her for days, like how her voice absolutely sucks. Boys going through puberty sound better than her. Ugh. Anyway, RIP Lennon. Well, I guess I could do some work now, but I was feeling all celeb-ish, so I thought I'd get all blog gangster with it. Oh yeah, I have caca-roach-a-phobia, or whatever the real term is for it. I saw thee biggest, deadest roach I've ever seen. It was on it's back and it's legs were longer than mine. I was panic-stricken and started jumping around and it was on the other side of the bullet-proof, glass door/wall here at work. My legs are still all queezy and I refuse to put them down on the floor. I need to stop talking about it. Just to let you know, this means I'll be walking around staring at the floor disquieted like a simpleton for the next two days thanks.

"You may say Im a dreamer, but Im not the only one. . ."
posted by Jenn Doll at 1:50 AM

3 Comments:

We all have those songs we love by artists we hate. I like one Linkin Park song..."In the End" maybe? I can't remember exactly. And whenever I hear the song "Toxic" it stays in my head forever, so I guess I kind of like it. Not that I've ever really been into rap (Emily keeps me updated on all the new stuff), but I have always liked Jay-Z. His song "Can I Get A" reminds me of freshman year of high school for some reason. Isn't it weird how certain songs remind you different times in your life. Like whenever I hear Neil Young, I think of my dad and my Uncle Terry, who's my godfather and my dad's best friend, teaching me, J.P and Keri the words to his song "Man Needs a Maid". Neil Young WAS my childhood. Anyways, I've seen that 100 Most Shocking Moments thing on VH-1 at least 40 times, and I always tear up at the John Lennon one too. I have "Imagine" tattoo'ed on me, and one time this guy saw it and said "I love that Beatles song." Were you trying to impress me or something? Assrammer, it's a John Lennon song, not a Beatles song. Maybe I'm just too nitpicky, but holy shit, please, stop being a dumbass. My friend Joel, who lived on my floor freshman year bought me a poster that says "Imagine" on it, from the Strawberry Fields memorial in NYC for John. It was one of the nicest things anyone ever bought for me. I still have it in my room right now. Whew, thanks for digging up all those random memories for me Jenn. Glad you got a kick of out my last post too!

2:17 AM  

Jay, I think you should be banned from commenting until your comments actual refer to what the post is about. Until then, you're cut off mister.

11:48 AM  

Jay, that's just disturbing. If you want me, fine. But don't get all Hannibal Lector on me. *scared

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home