Jenn's Reverie

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Farewell

I've come to bid thee farewell. For the blog will have to continue in my absence. But do not shed a tear, my cyber friends, for I shall return. My great return will be at the rise of dawn on Tuesday. Fear not this scary place while I am not present, but remember my spirit is always with you. Not really. I love you all, I really do. But I won't be thinking of you. My company to keep is just fabulous and cooler than you. Sorry. I will miss you though.

OKAY!! I had just typed two paragraphs and the damn thing closed AGAIN. I'm gonna try ONE more time. If it doesn't work. I'm out and not gonna bother trying again!! And now I'm not gonna make it as fun. I'm gonna be short and sweet.

Went with Mom to Wal-Mart. When we were leaving the alarm sounded. They had me pass through, nothing. Then Mom went and it sounded again. She was so mad and embarrased. After a brief interogation they relased her on her back to my custody. When we got outside, I stuck my hands in my jacket pockets to avoid freezing them and pulled out a shimmer make-up pencil thing. Turns out, I'm the one who stole. I didn't mean to. I didn't put it in the basket because it would fall through the holes. I guess I hadn't even realized that I stuck it in my pocket. I told my Mom, "I'm not giving it back since they were mean to you." She said, "Why didn't the damn alarm go off for you?! Shows how effective those things are." It was funny. My Mom was for a moment a suspect in a theft. And I was the real suspect. I stole in front of my mommy! I'm a bad girl. But I didn't mean to! I know, I could have taken it back. But they did falsly accuse my mother. So there.

Hadn't heard from Mariah in a while. She called about 4 days ago, "Hey what are you doing?" I said, "Here with my Grandma." She said, "The correct answer is living your life without me." I said, "Yeah, pretty much. " We talked for a sec. then hung up. She called yesterday, to my surprise. When I saw the caller ID, I thought, I wonder what she needs or wants.

Mariah - "Hey"
Me - "Hey, what are you doing."
Mariah - "Nothing. What are you doing."
Me - "Just got back from Wal-Mart."
Mariah - "I have a favor to ask you."
Me - (thinking, No shit! What took you so long to ask?!) Really saying, "What's up?"

She wanted me to find out if her brother had warrants or a court date pending and some other stuff for a speeding ticket. So once we got past that. We did the 'what have you been up to's' and so on. Then she said. . .

"You wanna hear the good new or the GOOD news?"
Me - "The GOOD news."
Mariah - "I'm getting married."
Me - Not to enthused "You're getting married?"
Mariah - "Yeah!"
Me - Still not enthused "He proposed to you?"
Mariah - "No, well we've been talking about it. So we decided we're going to. In June."

Wait, maybe it's not June, but I don't remember. After a few more questions I finally congratulated her and showed some enthusiam. It sucked becaue I wanted so bad to be happy for her but I just couldn't. She's been with him for a mere 7 months if that. She 'did things' only recently that made me question her love for him. She is his first relationship. I don't know, it's just kinda like 'whatever' to me right now. Today I text messaged her 'cause I felt bad for not showing enthusiam, the text said, "You're getting married! You're getting married!" She replied, "I know!" We conversated through texts for a while. I made sure to thrown in "and you're getting married" at the end of every text. I told her we had lots of planning to do like, "wedding showers, bachlorette parties, and picking a dress." She said, "What's a wedding shower." And I said, "Man, I have lots to teach you still." Then after the last "you're getting married" from me, she replied, "It's just a wedding." I read that, rolled my eyes, and thought, this today is what people think of love. Nice, just nice. I responded, "It's NOT just a wedding. If you're gonna get married it's because he's you KNOW you love him. Everything's different when you're with him." I wish Mariah all the luck in the world. I am happy for her. I'm happy that she's happy. I can hear it in her voice. But I just hope that her question's and doubt's are answered before she commits the rest of her life. Same goes for him. They have my blessings and best wishes. (FYI, I just deleted about 3 paragraphs that had to do with my thoughts of love, soulmates and being in love, but I didn't want to put you to sleep. So you can thank me later. Way to waste time Jenn!)

Now that I got all, well whatever you want to call it, I'm gonna go back to thinking about my five days off. I will be spending some of the time with an amazing person. I'll be drunk for probably all five, if I can help it. Not all day, every day. But all night every night. You catch my drift? I will miss you guys. And Katie, I will send you pictures. Or at least one. I hope to catch some at the concert tomorrow. If I still go to the concert. But that's another story, I'll tell you about. If I don't go to the concert, I intend on hanging out with Sharon either way. Since it's the first time in ages that we're both off. Maybe we'll do "ladies night" somewhere. I'm back here at work on Monday night. So you guys don't post so damn much while I'm gone. I don't want to have to set aside 10 hours to catch up here in blog world. So I'll see you all later! Like you care that I'm gonna be gone and I went through all this trouble of giving you one last post. Can you just appreciate me damnit?!

I'll be missing. . .
*Katie, *Bill, *Michy, *Chelle, *Ariel, Jay (quit being a perv), Eric, Jamie & James, Boko (if you're still alive), Dylan & Gabe (no longer live in cyber space). I will too! Without you, my blog would be nothing! (I saw Selena today. She said to her fans, "Without you, we'd be nothing.) Love ya crazy kids! Don't have too much fun without me.

posted by Jenn Doll at 1:08 AM

2 Comments:

Katie, you said you were commenting when I called you. Liar.

Ariel, Thursday night is the "Marine Corp. Ball" in Vegas. I had been planning on being there for the past, well many months, but looks like that's not going to happen.

3:21 AM  

Oh yeah, and thank you for the comment too, Ariel.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home