Jenn's Reverie

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Miracle On 34th Street

So I haven’t done a REAL post in a while. So I decided that I would today. First, my new niece. She’s doing great and seems to get more gorgeous daily. I went and visited with her today. It was the best having her sleep on my chest and her little hands gripping my finger. Looking at a newborn is always so fulfilling for me. How pure and innocent they are. How they are content with being held in your arms. It’s so crazy how there’s that instant love. Especially when it’s yours. A brother, a sister, a niece or nephew, a cousin. It’s so beautiful to be able to love someone before they’re even here. Nine months of pregnancy, anxiously waiting. She’s the best Christmas present for us all. My son just adores her. My brother and Marylyn plan on a third one in about a year. Hopefully my brother gets his boy. He loves taking my son with him to fly his remote control airplanes. And he loves to brag how smart my son is. It’s so, so cool when I hear my brother’s bragging about my son. I love it. Speaking of Damian. Today he was messing with his ‘Etch-a-Sketch’ and said, "Look mom." So I looked at it, and he shocked the hell outta me. I have never ever drawn anything but a square on one of those things. Nor have I seen anyone draw something on one of those things. My brother and I always try to get the whole screen colored, but I’ve never succeeded. He did it the other day. Anyhow, when I looked to see what Damian had drawn, I saw, a building, a guy walking into the building, who is taking a step up the stairs, some clouds, the pavement, and a bird. I was so excited that he had done that. I didn’t let him erase it. I’ll be posting a picture. It looks like something a 3 to 5 year old would draw, but on a freakin’ Etch-a-sketch! Have you ever actually drawn anything on one of those? I don’t know, I’m all-proud. That’s my boy! So then today my mom’s excited and telling me how there’s 9 people in their choir now. I guess they’d always had so much less. And she’s telling me how lots of people have been complimenting them and say they love them and how it seems to be getting more people to church. So I’m excited for her and telling her that’s good and so forth when we hear Damian, "Grandma. . ." My mom, "Yeah?" Damian, "Do they ask you for your autograph?" I immediately started laughing, as did my mom. God he’s such a smartass. That’s my boy!

On the other hand, Christmas is right around the corner. For the past few years I’ve been somewhat of a Scrooge. Not completely, but with some of it. Anyhow, this holiday season seems to be going in different directions for me. I got my Christmas wish! I don’t want to share it just yet, but it’s one that I was told would need a miracle. Well I guess miracles do happen! I was even asked if I "lived on 34th Street." Thank you Santa! So, I thought you guys should know that I already opened one of my presents. My mom said, "you guys are bad!" I did this about a week ago. I opened my Whiskeytown – Pneumonia CD. Woot woo! I let Damian open it for me, but I was all excited. I had asked my brother’s girlfriend if I could open it and she said, "ask your brother." It reminded me of when I would ask my mom or dad for something and they’d tell me to ask the other. So I asked my brother and he was like, "I don’t care." They were excited to see how excited I got. Then my brother said, "What the hell kind of music are you listening to?" Haha. I told him, "I could have told you, you wouldn’t like that." He’s not about any kind of country whatsoever. Even if it is Ryan Adams. He’s more into, Static X, Disturbed, or anything hard. So then he starts telling me how he’s seen a few people with that CD. So, I’m now the proud owner of 2 Whiskeytown CD’s as well as 4 Ryan Adams. I was just looking online at some music and I found a Portishead import. Fuck yeah bitches! That just got me all excited! Woot woo! Sharon again has made my day. She came in with 3 more CD’s for me. She hooked me up with Ozzy’s ‘The Essential.’ A double disc. And Eminem’s ‘Encore.’ Sweetass! She fuckin’ owns! As you know, I’ve had my brother’s computer for over a week now. So I’ve been getting down on the music. I came across some hardcore that I really like. I’ve heard some Atreyu before, but have about 4 songs from them now and I’m really liking them. I don’t remember what any are called, but I’ll let you know later. Also came across some Beloved and I think if I get into some hardcore anymore they’d be one of my favorite bands. Well, and Atreyu. I decided that if I ever have another boy Atreyu would be his name too. Like on The Neverending Story. I heard some of The Bled too, but just wasn’t feeling them. I’ve finally had time to get down on the Bjork CD’s and man she’s great. I think my favorite is probably 'Hmogenic'. Although, I do like them all. Of course I really like 'Medulla'. I really want me some 'Soundgarden'. I’m in need of some of the gracious sounds de Chris Cornell. I’m gonna go throw on this Eminem, I really want to hear what he has going on this one. Tonight Sharon and I are bringing our CD’s and burning off of each other. So I’ll let you know what I end up with.

It snowed again today! Woot! I hope it snows next weekend too.

He's making a list and he's checking it twice. . . .
posted by Jenn Doll at 7:01 AM

2 Comments:

Holy crap Jenn, you're running over with Xmas spirit. Well that's good though and I hope you have a good one, even though I'm saying Bahumbug to you. And I'm glad you're enjoying the new baby......they're funtimes. I was saying yesterday how I wish I could just like make a baby and be able to have it without even meeting the mother and then i could raise my child without getting into a freaking relationship. I dread having to share the responsibilities with a woman because I hate women damnit. Even though I loves me some lady booty, there's no point in relationships. Grrr Bahumbug.

10:45 AM  

I saw the Etch-a-Sketch picture Damian made and I was amazed. I could never do anything on them besides scibble, so the fact that he made a picture where you could actually tell what was going out is fucking awesome. Even though he has a horn like a rhinoceros and (still) smells like a monkey, he can draw! And he's a little smartass too, I love it! I hope when I have kids they're like Damian. Maybe I should move to New Mexico so Damian can show them whats up.

If you name your next kid Atreyu, there's no guanrantees that I'll be able to pronounce it correctly, just warning you now.

Glad you're excited about your new cds! I wish I could be excited about cds too. Haha, you know I'm kidding bitch.

It sounds like you got a pretty sweetass Christmas wish. I'm happy for you! Whatever it is, I'm glad it made you so happy. Christmas is in.....19 days! I can't wait!

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home