Jenn's Reverie

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Missions for the McRib

Haven't been in the blogging mood. It could be due to the horrificly long post I did previos to this. Anyhow, sorry 'bout not being up to par with the comments on your blogs. But I promise I've read your new posts, Gabe, Eric, Jamie, Jay, Stell, Chelle, Rae, anyone I may have missed.

So last night I went to McDonald's to get Sharon and I a McRib since they're back! When I get there and after I order, the girl tells me they can't take my debit card because they're "doing the registers." So I have to go to the ATM, which thankfully was only across the street. I go back to McD's and have to reorder. The car in front of me died-out. So this guy is pushing his car, or trying to, but not making much progress because he's trying to steer at the same time, not to mention the slight hill. So I watch him and when he finally gets somewhat out of the way, I pull up to the window. I couldn't just continue watching as he pushed and the car would roll back. I got out of my car and left it at the drive through and helped him push it to the gas station, that thankfully was next door. I guess he just needed gas. When I got out to push he seemed to not understand English too well, or was very shy or embarrassed and wouldn't say much. He said, "you steer and I'll push from behind." I said, "oh no, YOU steer and I'LL push from behind." So that's what we did. I run back to my car and jump in and the girl at McD's gives me my food while we watch the guy I had just helped pull back around through the drive through for his. After giving me my food, she said, "Thank you, have a nice night. Come back and see us." I wanted to take off, but instead I said, "You haven't charged me yet." So I paid her and came to work. I mean the McRib is good, but it's not like THAT good. Sheesh. So anyway, I was a good samaritan twice in less than 10 minutes. Hopefully I'll get my karma and NOT have to damn work so freakin' much. I woke up with a cold and have had headaches daily. And the worst part, haven't spent much, if any time with my son this week :'( Boo. All the working has finally taken it's toll on me. I'll still have to be here for 12 hours from Wednesday night into Thursday afternoon. Next week I'll be off FINALLY! Woot!

Hope you all had a great Christmas!


posted by Jenn Doll at 1:32 AM

2 Comments:

The McRib is god Jenny......you have to get it smothered in sauce without pickles or onions because they take away from the taste. GOD THEY'RE SO GOOD......they don't have them here anymore, the ended last month.....so I'm gonna need you to send me at least 1 per day. Do it because you love me....not because you know it's the right thing to do!

2:09 PM  

McRib...that sounds too delicious! We only have the standard Maccas staples here Big Mac etc.
You did two things the majority of society wouldn't. You rock!

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home