Jenn's Reverie

Thursday, December 16, 2004

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. . ."

Wow. Where to start. . . .first of all, I want to say that things have been absolutely great. My life right now is better than it’s been in a really long time! I’ll continue on this is a minute.

I want to say hi to all the bloggers that swing by here and show me love. Katie’s my boo, but is at her mama’s over Christmas break. BOO! This is why the obsessive blogger hasn’t posted in a while. But I find myself back tracking her previous posts ‘cause she makes me laugh. Katie, come back already! I miss you. Bill, on the other hand has been having funtimes and enjoying life as I have! YAY! He’s posting pics and everything these days. Sorry ‘bout earlier Billy Jack, the phone was ringing, my son was calling and then some. But hopefully this weekend we could talk. Ariel’s got JayBug visiting, so I know that there’s no luck in getting a post outta her. But I get text messages now! Sweet. Gabe’s been in the spirit of things and it’s just great. Kudo’s to the PMA (positive mental attitude)! So again, say it with me, the glass IS half full. Eric’s been MIA, kinda. So I await the return of Eric’s great posts. He makes me laugh and smile, what can you say?! Plus he’s a Gemini. And I get to stalk Paolo on his blog. Jamie’s talking about what big sisters can get you into. It’s a good thing I only had big brothers to whoop my ass. Boko’s back with a vengeance! Haha. I mean he’s back with a ghost that’s mad that we called him a bastard and broke his computer. We apologized to the ghost. So it should all be okay. Hopefully. He's also back with some kickass art. Rae continues to get my mind going. It’s great. For real, think, think, think. Dylan's getting married! Michy, Chelle, Jay are AWOL! Boo these people! Well, Chelle and Jay have been posting KINDA. I’ve had a couple posts titled "AWOL" due to the fact that I yell at people in their blog when they slack. Then that’s their ‘come back to bloggin’ post. So I’ll do it here this time. GET ON IT SLACKERS! I found out today that Stell visits my blog too! Even though she doesn't have one. Did you click her name? Haha! She made me all warm and fuzzy feeling. So hi Stell! You’re still my wife, and I luff you! And Josh, if you still come here, hello to thee. Both of you need to leave comments. I love it. Damnit.

So back to my great life. First, my son grows more gorgeous mentally on a daily basis. He’s always so gleeful and his smile is dynamite. Everytime I see it I fall in love all over again. He shows his love for me as I never imagined a 6 year old doing. My mom and I haven’t had a disagreement in days! Not that we do very often, but hey, we’re two adults (female at that) living together and have minor disagreements. My friends seem to be growing and maturing as people and it’s wonderful to see. Some still have much to work on, as I’m sure do I, but it seems to be going in the right direction. It seems as though almost all of my friends have found some form of love and are taking it all in. Work is good too. And for those of you that know me, know that I do not talk about work when not at work. I met my new Sergeant today and he seems to be pretty cool. The shift bid is up and it looks as though I may have weekends off for the first time in almost three years!! This will do wonders for family time! And then there he is and I can’t express the joy he brings to my heart and soul. So for all of this, I thank God. I truly am blessed. . . .

Now, to my weekend. It was absolutely one of the best weekends I’ve had in ages! Went to the ‘River of Lights’ early Friday evening. All the Christmas lights were gorgeous and brought a glow to my eyes. Sat at the table (which I don't do) and had some kickass tasting stew while conversating with mom and grandma. It was so cool, I could have stayed there all day. Later that night, we headed out to the usual ‘Neds’ downtown and it was great. A pretty big crowd, but not annoyingly big. I got to dance the night away and get lost in the music. It was one of those nights where I drank, and drank and didn’t get drunk. Well okay, I was pretty buzzed, but not drunk. Mase was sprayed into a crowd that then traveled towards the dance floor. So I sneezed a hundred times while dancing. It was fun. Hung out with some new friends and they all enjoyed eachother’s company. Went home and enjoyed some deep, heart warming and beautiful conversation by candle light and great music. Saturday night, went to ‘Graham Central Station.’ Strange enough, everyone invited showed. We enjoyed the company of Paul, Bridget, Elias, Jordan, Nancy, Valerie, Forest and some other random girls. Danced, but not much. Still had a great time. Headed back to Val’s after, had a beer, shared some stories of accidental feet being cut off, held some birds and went home. Had yet some more deep conversation. Sunday, went to a music store and did some window shopping. Picked up Damian. Talked to Aaron, whom I’d missed. Talked to Joey and saw Eric who I hadn’t seen in a while. It was nice seeing old faces. Headed over to my brothers and watched a movie on the projector. It was our own personal theater. Watched a movie that made the boys jump, so that was fun to laugh at. Went home, put Damian to bed. Watched ‘Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.’ Now, it was good, but not all of what some of you have said. I even managed to pass out for a bit. Went outside and got to experience one of the most gorgeous things ever. Not knowing that the ‘Geminids Meteor Shower’ was happening, and got to see it. WOW! Words don’t do justice how it made me feel. What a gorgeous experience. Then finding out that the shower has to do with the constellation Gemini made it even better! Ended the night intensly and beautifully. Monday, went to my other brothers and had Thanksgiving dinner with him and his family. It went so well at times I thought I’d cry. I gave him his Christmas gift early. I told you guys I suck at surprises so you can keep from yelling at me. It was great to see him excited like a big kid. Monday evening ended rough and got more so on Tuesday. But I won’t go into detail. I’ll just say that I was "sad in a beautiul way. . ."

Christmas is in just 8 days and the new year rings in after. If all continues as is, my new year will start great, as my year is ending. There’s still LOTS to deal with, including in the financial department. But I hope to fix that in 2005. There's actually some pretty big "bads," per se, but I refuse to let them get in the way. I'll just take them as they come, and do what I can.

"True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist, Nor can it be hidden where it truly does. . ."


posted by Jenn Doll at 2:07 AM

7 Comments:

"True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist, Nor can it be hidden where it truly does. . ."

Okay- that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true-not to focus attention on me or anything-but I am going through my 2nd divorce (at 26 years old this is absolutely humiliating to admit) and I have to say that it really hit home to me. I don't talk about personal things like this on my blog but man Jenn-you made me cry!! That by the way is a good thing. I am gonna do a perma link to your blog but wait till after a few posts so no one reads this comment I just left-most of my friends and family don't even know I got married again!! Sad I know.

10:13 AM  

May your big bads deflate into little nothings.
I think the ghost is happy :)

6:01 PM  

Ahh more holiday crap ba-hum-bug. Aw you know I hope you and D have a super Xmas and that the little man gets all kinds of GNR cd's (what else could you seriously consider buying someone for xmas?) Eternal Sunshine ruled damnit, stop hating the game Jenn Jenn. I got to watch the Crow for the first time ever the other night and I'm in love with it. It had it all........I can't believe I've never seen it since 94. I'm a slacker sometimes though. Merry Chrismukkah though!

7:59 PM  

"True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist, Nor can it be hidden where it truly does. . ."

Ah Jenn nice touch with the la Rochefoucault quote also.
I'm looking for that book, but it's severly hard to find around here and hard to track down. You so crazy! YOU GO GIRL!!!

4:19 PM  

Hey you met your new Sergeant? Your in the military???

10:17 PM  

So, for you wifey, I made myself a blog. I will not post often though so be aware. However, I will stalk often.

Jay, how many "stell's" do you know? There can only be one 'real wookie' and it is I.

11:16 PM  

:) :) :)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home