Jenn's Reverie

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Ad Astra Per Aspera

So last night was hectic. Really, it was. I took Damian to his grandma's 'cause it's their weekend. So when I have a sitter, you know what that means! Yeah, I was passed out by 10pm. Hardcore I tell ya! So here's how my day went. . .

Got off of work at 8. Came home. Saw Damian off to school. Watched TV. Cleaned. Got ready. Fought with Valerie through text. Forever. More on that later. Met Mariah at Chili's at 12:15. Waited in the car for her. Called her after about 5-10 minutes. She was already inside. Ate good chips 'n salsa and good chicken Caesar salad. Spent 15 bucks. Had a good talk with her. Now she knows I know. It's all better now. Her dad went showed up to see me. Fun guy. He left. Went to Wal-Mart. Laughed at big, stocky ghetto guy sitting on pink high-heel chair talking to friend. Embarrassed him. Spent 40 bucks on 4 items. 3 items not mine. Went to Starbucks. Talked with Mariah more. Left. Surprised mom at work with flowers and teddy bear for passing test. Damian and three nieces go to school where mom works. Picked up Danyel in pre-school class. Went to Damian's class. Waited for other two nieces. Hugged and kissed the kiddos. They all wanted to come with me. Not enough room. Came back home. Read. Waited for brother to pick up niece. Read some more. Played Damian's new toy/game. Addicting. Laid on floor spread out. Listened to mom, grandma, mom's boyfriend and Damian talk in kitchen. Made fun of mom's boyfriend. They all left. Read some more. Damian fussing, "Take me to my grandma's now." Stopped reading. Took him to grandmas. Looked at her new decorations. Loved it. Went to Hastings. (Music, book, video store.) No parking. Really packed. Went in. Stayed for freakin' ever. 9 CD's in hand. Can't decide. Finally went to checkout with the Beatles. Left long line and went back to CD's. Went back to checkout with different CD, Ataxia. Left checkout, came back with different CD, Beth Gibbons/solo. Left checkout again. Grabbed Beatles and Killers. Added up total. Put Beatles and Killers back. Went back to checkout with Beth Gibbons and CD case holder. Spent 40 more bucks on 2 items. 2 items for me. Went to brothers to visit baby and pick-up computer. Stayed and visited. Held baby whole time. She's gorgeous. Lots of smiling. Mocking sticking out tongue. Looked for CD's through magazine. Marylyn ordering CD's for me. Picked Velvet Revolver, Massive Attack, can't remember rest. Came home. 9:30pm. Got on computer. Fell asleep on couch with computer on lap. Turned off computer. Went to bed. 10pm. Woke up. 3:30am. Talked on phone for 30 minutes. Put CD's in new case. Finished reading "To Kill a Mocking Bird." Loved it. Went back to bed. 6:15am. Woke up 10:15am. Here on computer.

You guys wish your life was as exciting as mine. Crystal called me and said it was her birthday. She got a room and a limo for the night. Wanted me to go with her. I was just too tired. Elena called and her brother and girlfriend are in town. Change from the hip-hop scene, they like rock. Elena wanted me to go with them to Stoneface. Again, I was just too tired. But I'm all rested for tonight! Woot. So we'll see what the night holds.

I listened to the Beth Gibbons CD soon as I got into my car. The first few tracks are good but I was feeling a little disappointed. Then it starting picking up. So she gets a thumbs-up. It's no Portishead, but it still rocks. I didn't know it so damn depressing. I really wanted to cry, but couldn't think of a reason to. I contemplated driving off the freeway at one point. Just to go with the depth of the music. I mean, people blame Marylyn Manson for murdering. Why can't I blame Beth Gibbons for my suicide? But then I thought, "I've only heard a few tracks. Better not." So I left that thought behind me. All in all, for hearing it the first time through, I'm happy with the results. I really like some of the tracks on it. I'm happy with my decision. I had so many CD's in my hand. Man, I hate being that undecided. At one point, I had John Frusciante, Ataxia, Portishead/Import, The Killers, The Beatles, Collective Soul, A Tribute to Audioslave, RHCP and Massive Attack. I SERIOUSLY thought about taking them all. Some were on sale. I was so close to it. I thought, "Hell, I'll buy a CD case later." But then I thought, "How the hell am I gonna carry all these CD's?" And that I probably shouldn't drop over 100 bucks on CD's in one night. Although, at moments I didn't see a problem with it. Other than bitching that I'm broke for the next 6-7 days. But I would have had gas money left. And I could take Ramen's for lunch. No problem. Since I left Hastings feeling incomplete, I'm gonna go over to Amazon.com and see if I find me some of those CD's for a good price. Hastings didn't have any Minnie Ripperton, which I knew would be the case. So I'll see if I can order me some of that too and feel more complete. Anyhow, I'm off to spend more money. Tudulu.

FYI, that last post wasn't meant to be in poetry form. A friend and I were talking and reminiscing. And I just wrote it. The first part was a song, as I mentioned. I only write poetry at the spur of the moment. Never sit to actually do it. There are a couple of poems I did on this here blog. But you'll have to scroll through the dreaded archives. Thanks for all the nice compliments though.

posted by Jenn Doll at 12:04 PM

5 Comments:

I told you the Beth Gibbons album was no Portishead, but would you listen... no. I'd rather spend money on CDs than a CD holder. I once spent $300 on CDs in one shop, so $100 isn't a lot, well it doesn't BUY a lot anyway. I still have no CD holder though, so I just use a CD-R spindle if I take discs anywhere.

12:18 PM  

Man oh man next week I'm going to be sucking weiner on the side of the road for money because I'm buying about 100 bucks in Bowie/Velvet Underground/Iggy Pop cd's. Let's prostitute ourselves for the love of music!

4:28 PM  

I LOVE your use of complete sentences. :)

10:19 AM  

Oops that was me-my bad.

10:20 AM  

Hola you sexy beast. Sounds like you did have a crazy ass day. Thanks for reliving all the details because I didn't believe you at first, but looks like you have the facts to back yourself up. I'm glad you loved to Kill a Mockingbird. It was one of those books I had to read in high school and I loved it. That rarely happened, usually I hated the books we had to read. What did you decide to read next, any of my suggestions? Just in case you forgot what they were it was The Poisonwood Bible, A Tree Grows in Brooklynn and She's Come Undone. Book report due soon, andaley.

I see nothing wrong with blaming Beth Gibbons on your suicide. I wanted to blame Bob Dylan for causing me to have a heart attack the first time I saw him in concert, but my lawyer advised me against it. He's a smart man.

Did you end up going out on Saturday night? Hope you had fun if you did. I'm moving over to the pictures to comment now.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home