Jenn's Reverie

Friday, January 28, 2005

Metalhead

Tonight fuckin' rocked. I went to "The Library" to watch a cover band called Metalhead that's from Arizona. They tore it up! I give them much props and respect. They covered Bon Jovi, Ratt, Guns N Roses, Ozzy, Motley Crue and alot more that I can't think of. They did an awesome job. They rocked the long haired wigs and dressed funny. Hightlight of the night - I was looking elsewhere other than the stage when I felt something hit my leg. I looked down and saw a drum stick laying right in front of me so I picked it up. They finish their song and the drummer say's, "I think I hit someone in the face with my drum stick." The singer say's, "Dude, that's fucked up." The bass player replies, "Heheh, you threw your stick at her." The singer is looking around and said something else, and then the drummer, which I didn't catch. Then the bass player say's, "Well she looks happy." Yes! Way to embarrass me, assrammers. During the break after the first set I turned around and saw that the drummber was standing behind me. So I handed him the drum stick and said, "Will you sign your stick?" So he did. It said "Tommy Legs." Sweet. I remember them calling the guitar player "G-String." So my friends and I decided to act all groupie and stand right up front. The stage is way above the audience. Like seriously closer to the ceiling. Anyhow, the bass player, as my friend's said, 'kept checking me out.' How flattering! Then the guitar player started. Then he proceeded to play guitar for Elena. It was embarrassing! Since it's called The Library, the waitresses dress in school girl outfits. Naturally, with their boobs and asses hanging out and belly rings bearing. Tonight they all dressed like "rockers." But they kept the school girl skirt. God I wanted to punch them in their implants. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DANCE TO ROCK! You can bang your head, or throw your fists, or get fucked up in the mosh pit, or what have you. But you don't shake your ass a hundred miles per hour like Nelly was on stage. Stupid broads. Except for one. Oh yeah, they were hott as hell too. Like seriously hott. The boy's were all drooling. 'Cept this one blonde chick who looked like she didn't know WHAT was going on. Poor thing. I had fun. Made friends with one of the bouncers. Older guy who was really cool. He said, 'Next time you guys are here I'll hook you up with some drinks.' How nice of him. Not that I'd take the drinks, but still a sweet gesture. Nancy, Elena, Sharon, Ruben, Jordan and Emmet all met me there. Yelled and rocked on we did. They're coming back in a couple weeks, I intend on going. The crowd was really digging them. Now I'm here at work and my feet hurt. I'm damn dressed up, per se. I'd much rather be in a t-shirt, but oh well. I have pictures to post. If I can figure a way to do it from here, I will. If not, I'll have to wait.
Eric, I saw your twin over there tonight. He looked almost exactly like you. The hair (curly), the heigth, the facial features, and he dressed er dresses like you. Except he had blue eyes. At first I thought maybe you were stalking me. Then I found myself stalking him. Elena started it! Actually, she was stalking him and made me go with her. She was saying in spanish that he was gorgeous and precious and stuff. So, if he looked like you, I guess you could take that as a compliment, no? He was standing up against the dj booth all cool looking, smoking cigarette's when some blonde girl walked up to him, grabbed him by the shirt and made out with him, then left. Fuck yeah! That's a down bitch. So again I ask, because he looked liked you, does that mean she would have done the same to you?
Anyhow, that's it. Oh yeah, and I didn't drink. Wait, I had two beers that I made last all night. So that doesn't count. I can't post those pics now. Hopefully tomorrow.
posted by Jenn Doll at 3:15 AM

7 Comments:

Now I definitely have to make a pit stop to see you-not just because of the music gig review-but cause of the waitresses at that club- Yowsers!! By the way- after I move to Cali-the guy I'm moving in with is in the Air Force and goes to school out there-he's gonna get transferred in September to either Florida, Arizona, Arkansas or Japan. SO I may be stopping by again if he gets transferred to Arizona or Arkansas. Where do you live again?? Hehehehehe. Hey-can you teach me how to post pics?? I've tried a hundred times but can't seem to do it right. Okay, well- glad you FINALLY posted!!

7:44 AM  

Rae, I haven't had time to read your last two posts and it's my Friday but I wanted to let you know how I post pics. You seem to post at work as I do. I don't know about you but I don't download anything here. So I use www.flickr.com when I'm at work 'cause you don't have to download anything. When I'm at home and IF I have the laptop that my brother and I share I use www.hello.com You have to download it but I like Hello much better. They are both VERY easy to use and give you step by step instructions. I don't care for flickr 'cause if you use it to post you have to keep it available for the public to view. You'll see. If you need any more help email me at unique02001@yahoo.com That's a VERY generic address that I don't use. It's just spam! But I'll check it and when I get your addy I'll send you my "real" address. Make sure you let me know it's you somehow yeah!

Oh yeah, I'm in New Mexico!

8:01 AM  

jenn it sounds like you had a rawkin good time! are you into psychobilly at all? my good friend chad is the drummer of a band up there in the burque and they're having a couple of shows in march that i want to try checking out. if i can make it up there, you should come with! chad's a sexy beast and i'll introduce him to you and he'll probably even let you touch his butt hahahaha (i have, and it's a nice butt to touch!)

9:23 AM  

That email didn't work!! :(

9:37 AM  

I'm glad you had a good time at the library! I wish we had fun places like that out here, but their all basically just regular bars. Once I turn 21 and venture to downtown Chicago to go to bars, I'm sure they'll have some themed ones out there. Seeing a cover band like that is so much fun, I love them. Stop yelling at people that they can't dance. Maybe they looks stupid, but not everyone can be as cool as you and just stand there, banging their head. Plus they're always fun to watch, so why are you trying to discourage them? I bet Eric is stalking you. Stalker. I'd watch out for him if I were you.

1:03 PM  

I never understood why chicks dig musicians so much. Last time we were jamming in the street, all these teenybopper girlies sat on the pavement (sidewalk) and watched us for about an hour. They pissed me off, they weren't supposed to like our music, damn teenies. I should have planted a drumstick in one of their faces; that'd teach them. I never had a cool band name to sign it with though.

Just so you know, you don't have to download anything to use Photobucket.

3:19 AM  

That is the truest thing I've ever heard. You do NOT dance to Rock. It ain't a dancing thing. Real men (see Me) don't dance and real men only listen to Rock. There you go, that's it, end of story!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home