Jenn's Reverie

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

~Ray & Jeff, My New Bestfriends

I finally got some sleep today. Go me! I called into work thirty minutes late. I had to! I was watching Ray and it wasn't done yet. I sat at home and watched in on the laptop with some head phones. I love that damn computer. Anyhow, I give Ray two thumbs up. It was an awesome movie. Dude, Ray was a pimp! Or a cheating asshole. It all depends how you look at it. After watching it I had to listen to some Ray. So I got in my car and popped in "The Very Best of Ray Charles." Hadn't played it much since I got it, but really enjoyed it. I love listening to music when I know when they were written, what the inspiration for the song was and so forth. It makes it that much better. Especially when it's already a legend of an artist. So yeah, if you haven't seen Ray, you really need to. So get on it, bitches.

Tonight at work, I'm sitting back in the NCIC office. I have a walkman and the headphones on and thought, "now's my chance to see if I can appreciate Mr. Jeff Buckley." Well, well, I'm already in love with him. I can't belive you guys didn't yell at me to just damn listen to it already. Damn you, damn you all! His voice is glorious! I really love this album. Grace, that is. Not to mention he's absolutely gorgeous. Why must I become obesses now that he's gone? Boo. But next time, don't let me listen to this shit on Valentine's day, assholes.

So, there's my movie and music review for the week. Or year, or last one ever. I just wanted to blog and those were the things I did today. Stell, Katie, the picture's for both of you! Got Dylan quoted on the Buckley picture. See, I'm a great friend! I LOVE that picture of Jeff, he's so hott. I love him now. Yeah, yeah, "Jenn, you're a Johnny-come-lately!" So what, bitches! At least I get there!

posted by Jenn Doll at 5:03 AM

5 Comments:

As much as I love Grace, I think it's slighlty over-rated at times. I always preferred Sketches.

11:04 AM  

Aww Mr. C don't be poopy, Grace is fantabulous and not as overrated as some say. Sketches though, that's like the cherry on top even the hard to swallow (at times) four tracks.

Jenn, I've got some great Jeff pics that I'll post for you (perhaps now or maybe later in the week, depends how lazy I am.) I'm glad you finally "got it" Sorry to say, you're a lost cause now.

9:21 PM  

Finally you love Jeff! We could probably form a club now or something, it seems like most of us on here love him. Glad you liked Ray too, it was an awesome movie. I completely forgot it was actually Jamie Fox until the end where he takes off the glasses. Then I remembered that Ray was dead and he was not playing himself in the movie. Sometimes I can be very forgetful.

Thanks for posting the picture of Jeff in all his glory! And the Dylan lyrics too! You're the best friend ever.

Stell, Jeff was gay right? I read it somewhere a few years ago, and have told people, but now for some reason I'm doubting myself. You seem to be a Buckley expert, so hook me up with some info, yo.

1:54 AM  

No, Katie. Jeff was NOT gay. Jeff had an ability to appeal both to men and woman but he was very into women (he used to date Rebecca Moore (which he wrote the song Grace, Forget Her and Last Goodbye about) and Joan Wasser(who Jeff was with before he died.)) Please don't tell any more Jeff lies or I will have to slap you silly.

Oh, kids and their wild imaginations.

12:26 PM  

Also, I prefer the term stalker not expert. :D

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home