Jenn's Reverie

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Here I Am

Two day's ago I was driving my car with the top down, tonight the news is showing two-hour delay's due to snow! It's so pretty. I'm really loving it.

On Saturday night, I got paged into work, AGAIN! The joy's. But before work, I met up with Mrs. Patty and her boyfriend Taco! Met them over at the Launchpad to see the "12 Step Rebels," a hardcore band. I had such a good time. First we just hung out and talked on the bar side, then when the Rebels went on we over the watch and listen. The Launchpad isn't that big, so the moshpit was basically the whole fucking floor. I was like, "Yeah, I gotta get away from there, because I'll wanna punch and moshing isn't for punching!" Taco was standing behind Patty at the front of the circle of the moshpit and they were getting bumped here and there. But there was this one fucking awesome time, they got bumped and Patty got thrown back a bit, Taco was out like lightning! He wasn't even planning on pitting, but there he went. He was the last one in there that round. He wasn't necessarily standing though. Every time he fell someone picked him up and he was off again. He freakin' had his eyes closed the whole time. I was proud to be there with the crazy one! After the show, I dropped them off at their room, then came in to work. Had I not went to the show first, I'd have been seriously pissed about coming into work. Anyhow, so now I've met two of the old school ML1'ers. Woot!

Well, I have to get back to work. It's been hell over here this past week or so.

Oh yeah, and Gabe is the one that got me started on blogging and now thanks to him I'm on MySpace. Damn Gabe.
posted by Jenn Doll at 4:34 AM

5 Comments:

we got a little bit of rain on sunday on the way back home, and that's when it started getting colder than shit up your way. then that night we got a very tiny bit of snow here but it was melting when it hit the ground, so it was more like sleet. then this morning when we woke up, it's fucking white EVERYWHERE!!!!! i love it!

taco and i had SO MUCH FUN saturday night!!! also, what's so awesome about the psychobilly/punk people is that they're all about having a good time with the mosh pit/ring and not about breaking your nose, arm, leg, entire body like i'm used to at other rock shows. they're very kind and considerate people who don't want to see anyone get hurt - they want you alive to help rawk the fuck out!!

i really can't wait for the next time and i'll keep you posted as to when they will be doing more local shows. they're really good about keeping their tour dates updated on their myspace site (add them to your friends list too, i'll send an invite to you for their profile) and dan (webmaster/chad's best friend/another friend of mine that's in abq) is good at keeping the tour dates updated on the website. but right now, i think everything listed is the dark romance tour that they're doing with tiger army (my fave psychobilly band of all time, aside from 12 step).

KATIE - they'll be in chicago @ the metro on 29 april

CALI BOIZ - hollywood @ the HOB on 20 & 21 may

i highly suggest you guys check them out, you'll fucking love them. just ask jenn ;o) and if you get a chance to meet chad (drummer), tell them patty, jenn, and taco sent you! <333

you're now the 4th old school ML1er that i've met - you, kimmeh (i_heart_soynuts), scottie (skinnypuppygavemerabies or findingbeautyinthedissonance), and muffy - who has too many names to remember. and every fucking one of you are awesome!

maybe i should make it 5, since my sister is ML1 old school and is the one that got me in with you guys. :oP

p.s. he's still intent on going to the slipknot concert on 04 april, which is a monday night. if he can get off work for it, i guess we'll be there, i can still get tickets. maybe we can grab a bite to eat before the show or something?

10:15 AM  

I can't find you on myspace! Give me a link dammit!!!

4:07 PM  

come down to nuevo mehicko where the party's at! or make it out to the dark romance tour with tiger army on the 27th of april in clevland at the agora ball room - 12 step will be there ;o)

9:13 PM  

I just visited the 12 Step Rebel's website and Man! I don't know who they are, but I like the way they sound! I noticed that they will in Cleveland on the 27th. I might have to leave a day early for my vacation and go up to see them...

3:46 PM  

Jealous! So motherfucking jealous. That's the only word that describes how I feel right now. And now I have that Black Crowes song in my head. "Jealous, jealous again". Come hang out with me Jenn! I look really pathetic right now.

Sucks that you got paged into work, but at least you still had a good time at the show with Patty.

Hope work gets better lady.

I feel the same way about the weather. It's spring damnit, enough already with the snow and 30 degree days.

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home