Jenn's Reverie

Friday, August 26, 2005

It Ain't Over Until Ozzy Sings

So, I have about another hour before my shift ends and the Boss Man calls. He's like, "Did you ever get tickets for Ozzfest?" I tell I didn't and he sounds disappointed. Then he say's, 'I found them for like $50 bucks.' I'm like, oh shit! So I turn to Sharon and I'm like, "Dude! He found tickets for $50 bucks. You wanna go? Let's go! Come on! Let's go!" She's like, "Let's do it." So we make very last minute arrangements for sitter for the kiddies and decide it's do or die. No sleep.

Well, we didn't get there 'til freakin' seven. Due to technical difficulties Boss Man was running late. Not to meantion him leaving in TimBuckTwo. On the way we slam a few shots to get the party started. Anyhow, we get there and there's a hardcore band on. Not sure which one, but it's straight for a beer. We walk around, have a couple more, socialize and then decide we should pick a spot.

We had general admission tickets up in the grass area. There's people laying around, standing, sitting and all sorts. You figure some of those poeple were there for roughly 12 hours. So, Velvet Revolver comes out (oh yeah!) and we head for the front. I feel a tap on my shoulder, it's a girl asking us to sit down because "all" the people behind us can't see. I tell her "no" with the same attitude she gave me. A few minutes later, here comes little Mrs. Drama Queen trolling her way with security, about 6 of them. They say 'we can't tell you to sit down, but we're asking.' I tell them that 'no matter where we stand someone will want us to sit.' They agree and start to leave when a guy yells, "So you're just gonna let them stand there?!" He tells them 'he can't make us sit down, on what grounds.' So they leave it.

About two minutes later I get pushed and some drunk Indian lady is telling me to "Sit the fuck down. I didn't pay $50 bucks to see your ass." And I said, "Don't put your fuckin' hands on me, I didn't pay $50 bucks to sit down." I don't know exactly what kept me from throwing a elbow to her jaw, but I saw a security and called him over. He calls other security and here comes about seven of them while we're already talking to one other big burly security guy. He's telling them that they can't make us sit in general admission and so on. As the other security reaches us, I told them the situation and that she had pushed me. Us standing was no longer the problem. The bitch put her hands on me. Next thing you know one of the security guys, big tall dickhead is man-handling me and so we're kinda wrestling. I'm like, "Take your fuckin' hand off of me. Don't put your fuckin' hands on me." I was all in his grill. He didn't like me telling him not to touch me so he tried to show off a little more when a female security was telling him to stop it. That motherfucker disappeared. Apparently, Boss Man had went to go stop it, but security stopped him and he asked to speak to a supervisor. All the while I'm fucking missing Velvet Revolver.

SO, I'm standing there talking to about four other security and they're all on my side, but we had moved outta the way by then. One guy says, "You're right, but you wouldn't turn around when he told you to." I told him that you can't fuckin' walk when some keep grabbing at your arms, trying to twist them and nuding at you. I told them their little friend was power tripping and gives other rent-a-cops a bad reputation. They agreed.

Anyhow, Boss Man comes back and we're just like fuck it already. Ozzy's next, let's find a spot. The more I talk about it the more aggrivated I started to get. So Boss Man finally said, "You wanna file a report at security?" And I'm like, "You know what? Yeah, I do." I got man-handled by a cop once and never did anything about it. Now my arm is forever fucked. Anyhow, we go to security and they call for the big dogs to come take down the information. She wasn't too happy that he'd put his hands on me when the whole fucking reason I called security was because some bitch did the same and they NEVER TOLD HER ANYTHING! Big Dog finally say's, "Follow me so we can relocate you." I thought she was gonna have us walk over to the other end of general admission where that jerk was trying to tell me to go. So I asked her where, and she pointed to the seated area! SCORE! She took us to a ticket booth, briefed them on the situation and they exchanged our tickets for ones that were in the seated area. We were pretty damn close. I could actually see Ozzy and not just profiles.

Black Sabbath fucking rocked! There's not one person that didn't leave there feeling like that. They sounded so good. The drummer looked old as dirt, but man he still tore it up. Ozzy was full of energy and a smile you couldn't wipe off with acid if you tried. Throwing water into the crowd. I think he wanted a riot. He kept saying, "Get as crazy as you've ever gotten in your life!" Once he said, "Get crazy you fuckheads! This is Albuquerque, you got the fuckin' wild card." He did mention his drummer that was from here and said 'he's "here" tonight. That was cool.

Finally, they played one of the songs they had first written and Ozzy was like, "Light this fucker up." So people whipped out their lighters and I always like how that looks. The screen had flames coming up and Ozzy was sure to make "the face." In all his glory there he was with that evil look throwing his arms out to the side like he was ruler and right then he was.Even if you don't like Ozzy, you'd have loved it. I mean come on, you'd have been in the presence of legends!

Passed out in the car on the way home. Being up for well over 24 hours, some drinks, and rocking the fuck out took it's toll. All in all, the night was unforgettable.

posted by Jenn Doll at 5:10 AM

21 Comments:

I can't log into Blogger to fix the typos and grammar. I know there's lots of typos! Sorry!

5:22 AM  

Oh yeah, and I cursed alot. Sorry!

5:35 AM  

Hey sometimes ain't nothin like a good ol' cuss session to get it off ya chest. Glad you stood up to ya word and in the end it turned out for the better. Even if it wouldn't have turned out for the better. It's always better to stand up!!! Glad ya enjoyed the show.
P.S. Thanks for comin thru...

6:56 AM  

That's silly me...

6:57 AM  

So getting pushed around by security paid off. Interesting.

7:36 AM  

dude jenn i am so fucking jealous. next time velvet revolver's around, we'll see them together okay? just make sure and have a baby sitter that can watch an infant as well as your son so i don't have to leave the mini taco at home with grandma (i'm sure she wouldn't mind, but you want to see the kid too, don't you?). if you're free this weekend, i'll give you a call. i'll text ya first though to make sure you're not asleeping. luff you mami!

7:47 AM  

(typos are cool!)

Ozzy rocks! I liked Ozzy before Ozzy was cool! I used to have his name tattoo'd on my knuckles O Z Z Y .. well, atleast until I got a 3 year old... now its more like D O R A.

LOL at the concert! Your like me. "Hey Jaxe, how was the show?"

"I don't know man, it must've been good, I've got a broken nose, 7 stitches and a restraining order. It ROCKED!"

Your such a troublemaker.

*spank* Bad girl. Bad bad girl!

j

9:04 AM  

When someone lays their hands on you, make a triple-fold point with your index, middle, and ring fingers of your right hand.

Force this with a rapid stabbing motion into their thorax, the space below the adams apple (or the larnyx on women), but above the upper scoop of the breastbone.

When they go down coughing, point your new Terminator claw at the next fucker in line and ask who wants some.

Then incant some wild Native-sounding mojo and wave your hands around. Wild eye movements help.

11:53 AM  

*stomps on the pushy lady's toes* Glad things ended up
working out! And I love your title ;)

4:17 PM  

I saw Ozzy back in '86 with Metallica opening up for them. Metallica blew them off the stage, but the Ozzy of '86 was a deeply depressed Ozzy. I think it took him years to get over Randy's death. Then along came Zach Wylde, who was absolutely brilliant and I think Ozzy became Ozzy again.

Now you got me curious. I guess it wasn't Bill Ward drumming (he's had a heart attack years ago and his doctors limit how much he can tour), but you said the drummer's from Albequerque, so it has to be an American drummer.

I sometimes wish I was about five years older. Would have loved to see Ozzy with Randy.

6:55 PM  

I miss you. Visit me again, some time. California isn't the same without you.

8:04 PM  

I'm proud of you that you went and filed a report. That security officer would have lost his job if it were a show here in Vegas. I would have loved to hear the drunk chick manhandling you got tossed out.

I caught Ozzy on tour in 1998ish and had a blast. I still can't get the phrase "Let me see your god damn hands!" out of my vocabulary.

10:45 PM  

So sorry you missed VR. Saw them once and they comptlely rocked!

Love your blog btw.

2:06 AM  

Jesus Christ in a thong you are the bomb girlfriend! Sorry those assclowns ruined your time. I am so jealous!!!

1:01 PM  

I saw Ozzy on my birthday a few years back, his bass player invited me and a few friends to see the show (passes and the whole bit).

Jenn, *whispering* I put up a hint to what I was talking about before on my blog. Let me know if you want to hear more.

5:02 PM  

well you handled that alot better than i ever could. but at least you got better seats!

9:39 AM  

good for not taking shit. Those security hypes there can be a joke. I'm not into the music you listen to but i give props to greatness whenever. Ozzy's a legend.

7:51 PM  

I love Ozzy. I was never much of a Black Sabbath fan, but one of my favorite songs ever is his duet with Lita Ford on "If I Close My Eyes Forever."

Sounds like you had an adventure!

9:11 AM  

Hmm. Woah. What a story. So I guess good came out of it in the end. I have never understood that whole sit down thing. I mean such a stifled world. Also, it is cool that you stood up for yourself. I wish i was more like that. Anna

4:52 PM  

I'm sorry you got you had to put up with that shit at the concert. They probably just didn't like you because you're from Mexico. I know that's why I don't like you.

I was going to comment more on this post, but I just reread one of my old blogs and it brought backs memories. Back in the day when I called you Sexy Mexy, you made fun of me for saying "blAg" and me and Bill watched Animal Jam. Sweet Jesus we were cool. I know you have all these cool new friends now who comment a shitload more than I do, but for old times sake (old being last fall), could you make fun of my so-called accent? Or call me a pussy? It would make me feel a lot more closer to you, like we was best ho's again. I love you slut.

1:29 AM  

I went to ozzfest in NJ and was very disappointed on many levels. The ass raping for everything(water to pizza) was not as much fun as i hoped for. It was my 6th and my last, they have got worse as each year passes. Madien and ozzy were the only redeeming bands there. The level of pot smoking was at an all time low as well. I dont smoke anymore ;-) but I still now that smell and when you are at a concert and you only smell it once in a 2 hour period that is a bad omen.
But the biggest let down came from Rob Zombie, no costumes, no pyrotech anything and random band members. His singing was off, way off. I can do a better kareoke of his songs than he did with all that equipment. I saw him, last year or the year before...who knows..and he was freakin amazing! It was the year I got front row tickets to and i got spit on by the guitarist . He had blood coming out of his instrament ...fake of course...almost a Gwar like show. But to go from that to what I saw this year was almost cause for me to just go home and drink myself stoopid. The only saving grace of Rob was I had alot of fun watching 3 or 4 girls continuously crowd surf. It was amazing to see that they actually liked getting molested by strangers over and over again lol! They only did this during his songs so that made the entertainment value rise a little.
-Love the blog hope you can post again soon. And yes I will not be going to anymore corpurt concerts...ozzfest..lalapalooza...warpped tour and such. They take the fun out .

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home