Jenn's Reverie

Monday, November 21, 2005

Fill In The Blank

Tonight our son said his prayers. He said them for all to hear. He started, "God, take care of my Grandpa F." He may only be seven, but he understands death. He misses him, many nights he's cried to sleep wondering why he left. He then continued, "Take care of my Grandma. Take care of my brother and I." He may only be seven, but understands why he's a half brother and say's he will always consider him full. He knows that I is his brother's brother and not his unless you get married and he chooses to never leave him out. He continues his prayer, "Watch over A." He may only be seven and he may not like her, but he includes her in his prayers everynight. He chooses this even though she won't answer the phone when she knows it's him, he's grateful enough that she'll let you know he called at all. He went on to finish, "And take care of my dad, even though..." He stopped and did not continue. He no longer wanted the world to know. He finished praying in silence. His pure and innocent heart, I swear I heard it break. He may only be seven... Fill in the blank, Daddy.

When will you realize, you're so blessed... amazingly...
posted by Jenn Doll at 2:40 AM

17 Comments:

Wow. What else can I say?

4:54 AM  

awww..

i miss you jenn..

5:34 AM  

I'm hungry. Make some tacos! :-D

7:39 AM  

Kids are so much smarter than adults give them credit for. That's why if you lie to kids, you get a kid that doesn't trust adults.

Good post.

9:43 AM  

Wow is right.

10:27 AM  

Damn...kids really do cut right to the heart of the matter, don't they? I'm literally tearing up here. Excuse me...

11:11 AM  

That's a touching little post Miss Jenn. B) I agree, I think it is amazing to hear what a child thinks sometimes when they don't think you are around. You've got a thoughtful child.

12:46 PM  

Awwwwww. You really got a good kid there Jenn. Treasure him. Obviously he has a great mom going for him and great compassion for others.

At least someone out there is bringing up a kid right.

2:09 PM  

I know you come across as bitter sometimes about "sperm donor" but I can see that you are venting that here and not teaching that to his son.
You are so amazing, it is no wonder someone left California for you. When will Rat start posting from NM?

3:11 PM  

Jenn, you got me tearing up with this one. He sounds like such a sweetie.

You are obviously raising your little boy to be kind and compasionate.

You are a great MOM!!

4:41 PM  

I want some tacos w/ Mexi.

8:01 PM  

Children love unconditionally, it seems, so much easier that adults do. They are also very forgiving.

Where along the line do we all lose some of that?

I think that's why we have children. It's to remind us of what's pure, and maybe recapture some of that from your child's eye.

8:56 PM  

That is so sweet. How blessed you are to have a little guy so caring and wise beyond his years -- and how blessed he is to have YOU as his mama.

9:16 AM  

Children are so wonderful

12:19 PM  

I wish I was as good a person and as intelligent as your son is.

Guess he takes after his amazing mom.

GOOD JOB!!

1:17 PM  

how come if my kids pray they catch on fire? i don't really get it, but it's a great party trick.

why am i such a dick?

6:32 PM  

Oh no :( I'm sorry.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home