Jenn's Reverie

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Resolutions

So, I really wasn't gonna post again after the holiday wishes, but Zombieslayer said he'd post his resolutions if I'd post mine. A deals a deal, plus I did that last post about my weekend.

Anyhow, so this template was gonna be saved for the start of the new year, but I decided I'd just get it out here along with this post. Isn't it just so lady-like? You know you love it.

So, to make it short and sweet, my resolutions for 2006 are as
follows...

FUCK IT! I'm gonna live for the day from now on. Not dwell on the past, just remember, cherish and learn from it. Not gonna live for tomorrow because as a wise man once said, it's doesn't even exist yet.

This past year was indeed a crazy and most memorable one. It was a year that carried over from 2004. I learned so much about myself and others from then 'til now. I've got to feel the emotions of true love, betrayal, realizing what real friends will do, and then some. I've learned that people just don't like it when you're real and don't hold back. I've learned that most of the time when someone asks what you think they're really asking you to tell them what they wanna hear and not the realities. I've learned that telling it like it is means people think you're a bitch or even controlling. I learned that I'm loved and it's not vain for me to say so. I've learned that I'm blessed with friends and you should be jealous. My little family means more than many big family's to each other and my son is all the reason I need to wake up in the mornings. I've learned that my on-line friends rock! And I don't care anymore if anyone thinks it's "weird." Fuck them, they're just jealous.

So, as for resolutions, I don't know what the future entails. I just know I'm gonna be happy this year and I'd like to see someone stop me. Not that I haven't been happy. I've come this far in life and I haven't been broken yet. Those who tried, here's a little FYI for you, you didn't break me, you just bent me and bends can be straightened. You broke yourself. I don't care if it sounds cocky either, but I know that those who lost me WILL regret it. I lost my grandpa at a young age, a favorite uncle to suicide at a young age, my dad at 12, my last grandpa who was like my dad 2 years ago and what I've taken from it is that life is too short. People are taken away from me not by my choice and if you choose to leave someone by choice, that's YOUR loss and I'm sorry you take life for granted.

I know this post sounds like I might be mad or even sad, but I swear it's not at all that. I've just been analyzing my life and I realize that there's nothing to analyze. I'm where I'm supposed to be and tomorrow I'll be where I'm supposed to be and so on and so forth. That in itself makes me happy.

posted by Jenn Doll at 5:46 AM

37 Comments:

Truly metal! the template is almost as strong as your conviction!

7:49 AM  

"I've learned that I'm loved and its not vain for me to say so..."
Right on, well said and oh so true.

7:59 AM  

Aaah.... what would life be if we didn't analyze it to see what we have, what we don't have and all of that other good stuff.

Sounds like you've been a busy girl the last couple of days.

Enjoy the rest of the time between the holidays and good luck with all that follows in the new year.

Have a great day!
love that new template design.

8:22 AM  

Resolutions are made to be broken

8:25 AM  

Dan: I understand what you're saying, but, I don't want to analyze what I HAD because it's been had and I don't want to analyze what I WILL have because I don't know, what I do want to want is to be happy with what I DO have. There are things that of course I want, we all want, but what I really want to want is to be happy with today... and I am. There are things that I miss, but dwelling on them makes my now not be and the now is what's important. If I'm too busy analyzing yesterday and tomorrow, today will pass me by.

8:50 AM  

Jenn - Three words: you go girl. This reminds me of what I liked about reading Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. You are dead on. People lash out when someone says it like it is, or is immune to manipulations designed to denigrate your esteem. You and I would get along famously. I have a trail of ex girlfriends and ex friends that wanted me to change, to temper my enthuiasm, to bring me down to their level instead of challenging themselves to rise up. When they couldn't break me, when it was clear I wouldn't budge, they left. It felt bad, but like you, I was just bent, and amazingly, no matter how hurt I was, I straightened back up again. I had a big advantage, something they didn't know. I'm from Akron, Ohio--the rubber capitol of the world.

8:57 AM  

Well, I guess your first resolution matches your new blog template. Well done.

I'm not big on reolutions. Every day is a new resolution to me; I just live it and love it.

9:14 AM  

Confident affirmations...worthy of Deepak Chopra himself!

I hope 2006 is everything you want.

The template has some bite, very nice. I'm so glad you kept the same profile pic...what a wonderful smile, and I know you'll be doing more of that in the upcoming year.

9:20 AM  

I dig your flavor.

Resolutions,... BAH!
It sucks setting yourself up to fail.

Good blog BTW.

11:16 AM  

I don't want to analyze my life, but I do anyway. I have a lot of work to do. In the meantime I blogrolled you and put you in my top 8 'cause I'm just a nice guy.

11:32 AM  

The Template kind of turns me on. Did I ever tall you that I have a fetish for angry cartoon chicks?

1:14 PM  

See, that's what I've always said; if you don't want to hear the truth, don't ask the question. I admire your forth right attitude towards life; it's the only way to go. I hope 2006 is a kickass year for you, Jenn. Speaking of kickass...love the new template. :)

1:44 PM  

the only death one ever dies is the death they die everyday by not living

1:49 PM  

i love the spirit you display in the post. I only recently got to the point of enjoying the breath of a new day. And I know you haven't given up on any particular future.
I like the new template too. She has pretty nail polish but is a little harsh for this laid back fella. Flipping me off when we just met? No thanks.

2:59 PM  

"I just know I'm gonna be happy this year and I'd like to see someone stop me."

Couldn't have said it better! Rock on!

8:44 PM  

huzzah! xoxox we love you too, jenn plop!

10:48 PM  

I've learned that most of the time when someone asks what you think they're really asking you to tell them what they wanna hear and not the realities.

Need to get you some better friends. I've always liked the truth, whether it hurts or not. That's especially when it comes to love and finances. Sure truth hurts, but people who can't deal with the truth are weak.

Okay, I'll have to write up my reply in the next few days...

12:00 AM  

Oh, your new template has character. I like it.

12:00 AM  

=D You learned all the good things within one year. Everything you said I realize it's true, I just hope one day I will experience it, so I can feel it. I haven't learned enough, but screw it. I've come so far without breaking, I'm fucking proud of you, myself and everyone else I care about.

We made it so far!

3:32 AM  

That's the Jenius, I've always known... Do ya thing girl and don't look back...

9:40 AM  

Excellent, invigorating post ... and great template. I like the renewed, rejuiced Jenn!

-- david

10:36 AM  

I totally dig the template. It's so legible. Also, I like the toon chick better, because she doesn't have a bunch of crap jabbed into her face. You should make a mask out of that picture, so you can wear it when you decide to cheat on HMT with me.

1:47 PM  

I'm resolved to make sure to have at least one drink on New Year's Eve to your happiness. B)

1:48 PM  

Awesome, my girl. I feel you on a lot of those thoughts, and you said it better than I could have. I'm also determined not to look back -- instead I'll live in the now and keep moving forward. It's all we can do, and why not do it in style and with attitude, right? Cocky? Nah. Confident? Hell yeah.

Happy New Year, Jenn!!!

10:57 PM  

Phelps, if you'd pay attention, you'd see that I have none of my piercings in in my profile picture. Punk. Besides, why would you want me to cheat on HMT with you if it's gonna be a bag or mask over my head?!

12:59 AM  

I'll give you Loser!

Did you get the CD open?

1:10 AM  

yo..sista..i was looking for ya online..aol..and your offline..figures..

1:54 AM  

Great resolution & attitude, I think I'm going to adopt it! Thanks! I also like the template/layout. Have a great New Year.

3:57 AM  

A MASK IS NOT A BAG!!! IT'S NORMAL!!! I SWEAR!!!

I just assumed that there wasn't enough resolution to see all the wires and diodes and live babies and whathavyou that you usually have hanging off your head. If you'll yank all those off, I'll let you pleasure me without any cartoon characters. (I'll just hold my hand over the tats.)

1:17 PM  

Right on!

Happy New Year!!

I'm glad you figured all that stuff out while still young. You'll never please 'em all. As long as you please yourself to no one else's expense & cherish your son .. what else really matters.

It's good for him to learn those lessons from you as a role model too.

The template kicks ass also.

I guess I should try to figure out how the hell to do something cool like that.

Rock on, Jenn!!! Like Iron Maiden always said back in the early 80s, there's only one um, and that's fuck um!

2:55 PM  

Have a GREAT 2006

3:34 PM  

My resolutions:

Lose weight, quit smoking, quit drinking and quit making gay ass resolutions that I can never accomplish


Like the new look by the way.

7:33 PM  

I like this template SOOOOO much better--it just loads so much easier. I'll probably visit more often now that my computer doesn't freeze when I hit your site :)

(I know...mine used to be worse...)

)+(

1:42 AM  

Happy New Year to you Jenn!

10:38 AM  

Bliain Nua Fe Mhaise

9:27 AM  

hny hun

10:12 PM  

Wow, I'm inspired!

GNDTX

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home