Jenn's Reverie

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tune In

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Flies found their way to me and I've been obsessed with their sounds since. You don't wanna pass these guys up. They sent me a CD all the way from the good ol' UK and my obsession only grows.

Check out their official site here. It's forever changing and kickass everytime. You can also find them on MySpace and take a listen. If you're on there, add them, drop a comment and tell them I sent you. Just because I've always wanted to say that. But, you can tell them I sent you. That'd rock. They recently changed the tracks from the previous ones, but they're still on fire.





I was turned on to 8mm just the other day and already I can't stop listening. Sweet, eccentric sounds and it's just all around sexy, if you will. I ordered this one.

Check out their official site here, or you can listen on MySpace. My favorite track being "Give It Up." You can also find the video on their website. Add them if you're on MySpace, drop them a comment and tell them I sent you. Not that they know who I am or anything. But so what?






I first heard Dave Doobinin at Radio Indie Pop singing for a band called Skywriter. I was immediately happy with what I heard and had to research him further. He too was a weekly obsession... Which still lingers on. He sent me two CD's and I was nothing short of impressed.

His official site can be found here, or he too is on MySpace. If you're there, add him, leave him a comment and tell him I sent you.


Are you STILL here? Don't you have music to be listening to?
Get the hell outta here already. Loser.

*Edit: This music is not hard. It's lax and melancholy. The Flies and 8mm fall something along the lines of Portishead. Dave Doobinin falls along the lines of singer/songwriter. Genre's suck. I wanna know what you think too. Don't make me kick your ass. Now get outta here.
posted by Jenn Doll at 3:20 AM

22 Comments:

Thanks for the heads-up. I will head over to see if you know what you are talking about (in music) :).

5:08 AM  

You better bet your sweet ass I know what I'm talking about.

The type of music just has to be your forte.

5:57 AM  

Well, JohnnyRetail, I'm thinking you should share your secret. My brain won't shut the fuck off! Especially lately. I mean, I don't want it off permanently, just long enough to have peace and silence for a minute. JUST ONE MINUTE!

Okay, I'm done now.

6:49 AM  

This stupid thing won't let me edit my post. I have to thank -RM at sournews.com. He hooked me up with Radio Indie Pop.

6:56 AM  

Linny, I hear ya! I was a mainstream kinda girl for many, many years. Then I met some cool cats that introduced me to some new sounds and I ran with it. There's TOO much out there to be stuck in a hole with one type of music bleeding through your ears

7:18 AM  

Prufr0ck, you know this! Hey, I wanna know what you guys think!

7:36 AM  

Lama, you dork. xoxo

7:47 AM  

I'm one of the losers that made it to the end of the post, but I'll definitely check out the music. It's nice to get your take on what rocks nowadays, as I am totally out of the loop.

9:29 AM  

I'm still rockin the flies. that's some good shit. I'll have to give 8mm a shot just based on the hotness of that pic.

Jenn, I totally played "Seasons" by Chris Cornell on guitar last night..

10:07 AM  

HMT, I'm so glad you like The Flies. I'm thinking you might like 8mm too then.

After reading that you played Cornell, I was gonna purpose to you, but we're already married. And you remind me everyday why!

10:09 AM  

Sorry, I'm stuck in the 80s. Anything 80s, really, so there's plenty out there. I guess I'm an old fart.

2:31 PM  

That 8MM does have a lounge / sultry sort of sound to it - thanks. Hadn't heard of her / them before. I'll try playing it the naex time a chick is over & see if it makes her just want to peel off the clothes & get all sexed up.

7:18 PM  

Alright Jenn, I like The Flies and 8mm. I suppose that you have SOME good taste.

7:25 PM  

we're so married.. it's awesome - this married life.

8:47 PM  

I'm an old fashioned guy who started at the bottom and is working my way up. Dave Doobinin is pretty interesting. I'll have ot give it a go where there are better speakers, but I liked what I heard so far.
I'm also surprised nobody made any comment on "The Flies found there way to me...", as in what attracts flies...
Love you and it's good to see happy posts again.

7:50 AM  

What up hottness...thanks for the info...although I'm a hip hop guy myself, I may just be able to make an excepttion for you. Holla!

9:00 AM  

Prufr0ck, Kurt, thanks for letting me know what you guys think.

Gabe, I had to double check to make sure it was you, and yeah, it's you. You finally leave me a comment after like years, I get all excited and that's what I get? Shut-up about it, eh? I knew you wouldn't like them. Bastard. I LOVE THEM. So what? Seriously, The Flies and 8mm are smokin'. Just love me and all will be as it should.

2:01 PM  

I'm getting tired of the same old crap, over and over. Maybe I need to venture out and see what else is out there in music world.

5:11 PM  

this sounds interesting.

1:11 AM  

Hey Jenn

You got the link for prufr0ck wrong. You have http://profr0ck.blogspot.com/. It should be: prufr0ck

2:14 AM  

these are all pretty good. I am surprised by the stylings - somehow I expected more metal. I'm not sure why.
8mm is probably my least favorite. It seems too familiar in a way. Her range didn't impress me that much, although she does have a pleasant voice.
I don't have much time to just sit and listen to music anymore. I'm talking just listen - no videos, no talking, no lights even. These all fit the bill for that. Thanks.

11:02 AM  

Considering you have an interesting taste in music, I'll check it out.

I happen to like genres though, just to be able to categorize my CDs to be able to find them more easily. No, alphabetical order is just dumb.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home