Jenn's Reverie

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

And 2005 Went Something Like. . .

Made new friends. Lost old friends. Made out-of-state online enemies. I had/have what they wanted. Hah! Losers. Road-tripped with four girls to Vegas. Celebrated my 26th for five days! Flew to LA. Was maid-of-honor in my brothers wedding. Maid-of-honor in a friends wedding. Brides-maid in cousins wedding. Drove to El Paso for a party and back within hours. Saw Black Sabbath/Ozzy, Velvet Revolver, Gin Blossoms. Got two puppies. Lost my two puppies. Boo. Said boo alot. Found myself. Lost myself. Read lots of good books. Thanks to Katie. Got a new tattoo. Hit a bitch. Talked on the phone more than ever. Text messaged more than ever. Laughed 'til I cried. Cried 'til I laughed. Watched Gladiator a million times. Obsessed over music. Cyber slapped a bitch. Fell in love. Boyfriend left his state for mine and me. Broken heart. Committed. Failed. Got CD's sent to me by the artists themselves! Don't hate. Got cyber stalked. Made kickass online friends. Mostly through blogs. Smiled lots. Laughed lots. Cried lots. Fell in love with my son more everyday.

I wouldn't change any of it for a damn thing.

Highlights of 2006, already!

*Start working dayshift for the first time in years on the 9th. This is officially my last night of graveyard! AND I have weekends off. My son is so excited he almost made me cry expressing how happy he is.

*Dave Navarro talked about me on his radio station and I didn't even know it. Someone else told me. I'm famous.
*Got to see my sons (half) brother. He's so freaking cute. They love eachother and I love it.
*I'm caught up with bills. All but one. Fuck them.
*Getting new ink.
*Planning a road-trip with lots of friends.

I'm seriously gonna miss all my nocturnal friends. You've all made my nights so much better. Katie, Daniel and everyone else I talked to all night. Thank you for your company! Here's what Katie and I had to say to eachother last night because I'll be on dayshift. She loves me. And I guess I love her, too.

Katie: ok, I wish I could stay up later on your last night
Katie: but I'm dead tired
Jenn: tomorrow night, douche
Katie: so it's been fun, these last 2 years or so
Jenn: do you listen when i talk?
Jenn: save your goodbyes
Jenn: and get your ass on tomorrow night
Katie: I might be at the bar. depending on the money situation
Jenn: you're broke, stay home and get online
Jenn: haha
Katie: so just let me do this, even though I'm broke and have no idea how I expect to find at least $20
Katie: most likely
Jenn: haha
Katie: so anyways
Jenn: okay, well sweet dreams and stuff
Jenn: xoxooxox
Katie: these past 2 years have been a blast
Katie: I'm not done
Katie: this is the passing on an era
Katie: the stay up all night and entertain Katie while Jenn works era
Jenn: hhaah
Jenn: i love you!!
Katie: I've greatly enjoyed it, so I thank you
Katie: I love you too, and I'll miss you
Jenn: i've enjoyed it to
Jenn: and i love you and i'll miss you
Jenn: call me later
Katie: now this will be awkward if I come online tomorrow
Katie: haha
Katie: I'll miss you too, xoxoxo
Jenn: dork
Jenn: xoxoxoxoxooxox

It's tommorrow and I'm talking to her right now *smile*. . .

Jenn: i just wanted you to delete it
Katie: ok
Jenn: now?
Jenn: how 'bout now?
Katie: how about your shut your mouth?
Jenn: what the hell are you doing?
Katie: posting
Jenn: you're supposed to delete my post
Jenn: it's more important
Katie: your face is more important
Jenn: i know!
Jenn: so get on it
Jenn: slut bucket
Katie: talking to you is making me go a lot faster
Jenn: well stop posting and talking to me!
Katie: no

posted by Jenn Doll at 1:06 AM

33 Comments:

I don't remember you talking about your herpes scare. Usually you tell me everything. I don't get why you got embarassed and made me erase what you said about it on here, at least it came out negative.

Dude, my fucking enter key works in these comments. What the fuck.

Sounds like your 2006 is off to a pretty good start. At least SOMEONE is happy about you starting the day shift. And if it was going to be anyone, I'm glad it's Damian cause he's all right in my book.

That second conversation between us is more like the "real" us. God knows I was never that nice to you, as I was in the first convo. I'm more emotional during that time of the month, you know that, you didn't have to exploit it. It made me realize all I've put up with during the endless late night conversations, with you pestering me to do all your computer work for you, just because you know I'm a computer whiz. Am I ever going to get to hear about Sharon anymore either? My whole life is changing and I don't like it. I hope you even remember my name a week from now. Call me?

Oh, and can you watch my dog when I go on vacation next week? I heard you have a kickass fence that doesn't let dogs escape at all.

1:41 AM  

A nice, positive post. Especially the paying bills part. That's a good way to start the year.

BTW, you've been tagged.

-- david

6:20 AM  

Sounds like '05 was a hell of a year and '06 will be better. I know it. Plus, I'm over here cheering you on -- 'cause I love ya!!

6:59 AM  

Hey Jenn!!!

Just stopping by to say howdy- probably a bit late, but the blog looks GREAT!!

All the best for the New Year!!

7:17 AM  

I am not sure that I have done that much in my entire life let alone a year. Hope you have a good 2006.

8:51 AM  

Jenius you are truly one of a kind! Plus you are cute as hell!! Keep the Pantene flowing gurl!

Okay now I am on a mission ot get J. Lo to read my post! No telling what I might get inthe mail huh?

8:54 AM  

Katie sends cookies.

hard to beat that.

9:07 AM  

I, too, am glad I found your blog, Jenn; I have Dusty to thank for that. I hope 2006 is a kickass year for you and your son. :)

9:36 AM  

I really have NO IDEA how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did.

"Slut bucket...?"

I learn new things everyday on here.

10:18 AM  

wow..you arent going to miss our late nite convo's?? I am CRUSHED...

I saved that template..but something tells me you arent going to have time to mess w/it anymore..

10:40 AM  

When you sum it up like that it sounds almost,..well... easy. Its a good thing we have blogs to remind of how riculously difficult a year can be.

Keep on rockin' in the '06!

BTW you and Katie are hilarious. I vote for more audioposts featuring Jenn and Katie and Jenn laughing and people singing, cause that kinda rules.

11:00 AM  

wow. this is maybe the first time in my life (reading Kaite's comment) that maybe someone WAS telling the truth when they said it was only a cold sore...

1:54 PM  

wishing you the very best in 2006!

_vsqz

3:33 PM  

another highlight of 2005 = meeting the tacos before they were the tacos! and don't worry, i'll keep you company while you're on day shift. excellent timing since i'm on maternity leave now!

3:46 PM  

You are going back to the world of the living and giving up graves? I remember when I did that a couple of jobs back, worked graves for Mirage IT, ouch. Speaking of which, when you coming out to Vegas again?

6:52 PM  

Dave Navarro?!

Well, until Perry Ferrell starts dropping blotter tabs with your face on it, you still have a way to go...

)+(

9:00 PM  

Jenn - You rock! Glad 2005 was interesting for you. I'd love to see Velvet Revolver live.

Saw Judas Priest & Queensryche. I think that's it.

10:39 PM  

i love your post. and i love what metal mark said, "I am not sure that I have done that much in my entire life let alone a year."

happy new year.

-paul

2:04 AM  

This template is way too light and fluffy for you, almost like whipped mayo. I found your dream date Jenn, check my blog.

5:17 AM  

Yeah, I like the phrase slut bucket... I think I will try to use that at least three times today.

Jenn you truely are a one of a kind weirdo... and we love you for it!

10:33 AM  

you're a mini rock star, dave tlk about the Genius that is Jenius

10:55 AM  

hmmmmm

7:08 AM  

It looks like all in all you had a good year. You rock Jenn, middle finger and all. Shit, I find it sexy. I hope 06 is all 05 wasnt and some of what it was. Keep on babygirl... Holla!

10:00 AM  

Hmmm indeed!

11:43 AM  

Jenn!

It was so kick ass to actually get to talk at you the other day. Wish I had more time to read people's blogs, yours is one I miss a lot.

Hope you're doing well. Take care!

3:56 PM  

All the best and I hope that the remainder of the year can keep pace with the first few days. Take care of you in the world of the day walkers.

4:24 PM  

It sounds like you and Katie need to schedule a good ol' fashioned cat fight. :)

Well may 2006 rock your world little lady. All the best.

TGIF

BTW, this is Ben formerly from benpadilla.info; I recently launched a side blog catering to the hounds and TGIF's. Your more than welcome to drop in.

Take it easy.

Cheers

5:40 PM  

Wow what a year! Especially written like that.. very powerful.

I finally dragged my lazy self over here. It took me long enough :)

7:11 PM  

Well sound like a terrific 2005 and a great start for 2006. Wish mine was more like that.
My mom always thought me, never get a bad reputation because it's easy to get one hard to lose it. Well you can read my blog to see what i mean.

5:19 PM  

can't go to the bar? does katie not pocess the power to get guys to buy her drinks?

8:48 AM  

Slut bucket? Love it. We use the expression skany pants, but I may have to change that one. Congrats on the new work schedule.

12:37 PM  

Jenn
It sounds to me like this New Year has brought clarity in a lot of areas. I just wanted to Thank you for all the kind words. You know I think youre great! Check out Adrians photo blog...Youll love it..lol

7:13 PM  

So I guess this explains why I can't get you on the IM tonight at 4 a.m. eh? Congrats on getting a daytime schedule. I'm glad you're happier with it. But I sure will miss talking to you.

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home