Jenn's Reverie

Monday, January 09, 2006

Good Morning, Starshine. Thee Earth Says "Hellooo."

So, I've been off since Wednesday morning and let me tell you, it was a great five days off. Much needed and might I say much deserved. I got outta work that morning at 8 after working 13 hours and stayed up 'til 6:30 that night when I power napped for an hour, then passed back out at about 9. I've been kicking my own ass these past days trying to get used to sleeping at nights again. It's been fun, lemme tell you. I did however, sleep through the whole night last night. It was glorious!

So, I was supposed to meet up with some friends over at Cowboys (don't worry, it's not a country club all the time) on Thursday, but instead I decided to get sick. So yeah, I was sick for those five days. Plus, the no sleep wasn't gonna allow me to do so. I got lectured that I will have to be there this Thursday. Yay!

On Friday I got up and got ready bright and early and never ended up leaving the house. I was feeling worse and I sat on the couch watching TV all day. I did however enjoy a candlelight dinner with my son, mom and her boyfriend. My son LOVES candlelight dinners. Saturday I was up bright and early, got ready again and my son and I headed out to grab a bite. We were gonna go use our gift cards but he decided that he wanted go to his grandma's already so I dropped him off after we ate. I then met up with Mariah and Kevin at Chili's just to hang out while they ate. We headed out to the forbidden Wal-Mart to pick up a few necessities and if you know Mariah and I, you know that Wal-Mart isn't just shopping. It's Tom Foolery and it rocks! Mariah offered Kevin five bucks if he'd walk around in these bright pink rubber shoe type things. It was such a joy to watch people stare and mock his get up. One guy passing by said, "I hope it was worth the five bucks." I'm guessing that guys earned five dollars on dares plenty of times.

After shopping I headed home to change into my Lobo gear because it was game time, baby. Nancy, Elena and I met at the pit with 16,201 others where "we" played Colorado state and served them. Our 19th straight win. It was a really good game and all the cheering, screaming, dancing and clapping only made it that much better. Not to mention the guy behind us who kept yelling "Number 20 sucks!" He even sang it to one of the songs at one point. Even waiting in traffic wasn't so bad. It was only about 15 to 20 minutes at most and I got to listen to the Hour of Hair! Just think, hair metal.

After that, it was back home to change into "club gear." It's Elena's last full weekend here so we wanted to go out, just the three of us to "our" spot for old times sake. She'll be moving back to El Paso next weekend. We headed out to The Library where we danced and drank to our hearts content. Our last round we got a little emotional and teary eyed and told each other how much we were gonna miss these times. We walked back to my car and were about to call a Taxi when a friend rang and came for us. We headed back to Nancy's and hung out 'til about 4 that morning. Kinda. I was in and out of sleep. I'm a great host, I know. Elena managed to puke in the sink and all over the kitchen floor. Nancy cleaned it with no problem saying it was her Karma for New Years weekend where she did the same all over Mariah's house. I mean, seriously, who's not gonna throw up when you beer bong Bicardi? She's a crazy bitch. Oh yeah (skipping around), and I took my first whole beer bong New Year weekend. Third times a charm!

Yesterday (Sunday), we (Nancy, Elena and I) all jumped in the car to go pick up Tori so we could hang out and watch the game. Go Steelers! We decided we wouldn't shower and we'd go in slippers and our pajamas. We stopped at Taco Tote for some good ol' Mexican grub and went back to Nancy's and ate at the table like a real family! We hung out in the living room for hours just talking and reminiscing about everything under the sun including our road-trip to Vegas. We managed to watch some of the game but with four girls all whom never shut up, you shouldn't expect more. We (I) named Elena's new puppy Axl as in Axl Rose and it was such a joy listening to Nancy's 3 year old daughter call him "Asshole." I begged her not teach her the correct annunciate it correctly. Tears of laughter I tell you. Not to mention we all found out that we all geek out on America's Funniest Home Videos. Or maybe it's just that much funnier when you're watching with friends.

To end, Nancy's daughter kept telling me in her best Willy Wonka impression, deep voice and all, "Yo weally weeud."
posted by Jenn Doll at 4:54 PM

22 Comments:

Hi Jenius, long time no talk. Just wanted to say Hi and I like what you've done to your blog. Wicked!
Johnny.

5:55 PM  

A puppy named Axl....is a puppy I'd love. God Bless you Jenn....you're a gem.

7:20 PM  

Ya know Jenn..."Yo weally weeud." :)

7:55 PM  

I'm going to get a Wiener dog and name it "sausage". It seems only fair.

9:26 PM  

"You twinkle above us,
We twinkle below..."
Named as possibly the worst song ever, released in the dark ages (1968?) by Oliver, this song shows there are still some things not available on the 'Net for free (I looked but may not be a good looker).
Glad to hear you had such a good time with your buds.

7:03 AM  

How fun! So glad you have been getting to work days. I did some staggered shift work once. It really does play with the body clock, doesn't it?

I've lurked for a while, but wanted to show up and say Hi and enjoy your blog!

GNDTX

7:46 AM  

Great news on the day shift! I know how much of a "thing" that was. It will only take a little while for your body to adjust.

~Jef

8:22 AM  

Axl Rose the dog! I love it wife!

9:06 AM  

Four girls in their jammies...what, no pics? ;) Sounds like you had a fun weekend.

And Kurt...I was 16 in 1968, and yes, we did have electricity and indoor plumbing.

9:06 AM  

Beer Bong Bicardi?!
Wow, it brings back scrambled memories of my frat-house-madness days.

Wow, those were the days,,...
... I heard I had a blast.

10:14 AM  

I miss you. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were avoiding me....haha
love,
your stalker

8:29 PM  

Taco Tote? That doesn't sound too appealing...do they put all the tacos in a bag or something? A bag with handles? Or maybe the tacos have handles to keep from getting messy?

8:38 PM  

C&W gets a bad rap sometimes. I know there are racist and homophobic jerks into C&W, but the times I've been to a Cowboy bar, I've had a wonderful time. I've been to a bunch in the Houston area and they've always treated me pretty well.

I'm not really into the music, but the people are a lot of fun.

Axl is an *sshole by the way. Kids are more perceptive than we think.

8:48 PM  

Axl is cute. I wish I could find a good name for my cat :p

12:00 AM  

coolio

12:53 AM  

Sounds like you had a great time. Too Bad every weekend isn't that fun.

7:12 AM  

Um, Kurt, I'm SERIOUSLY confused??

12:02 PM  

i would never wear pink shoes

2:29 PM  

BTW..I have bad memories where "The Pit" is concerned. It was the scene of the University of Virginia's loss to NC State in the NCAA's in 1983, and was Ralph Sampson's last game.

2:35 PM  

Road trip to Vegas? Have we heard about that one yet?

3:32 PM  

Jen

You are suuuuuper hot. Great picture.

6:56 PM  

Great site, great comments, and great thoughts expressed.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home