Monday, February 27, 2006
The Person Above Me. . .
Here's the deal. Mel was playing a cool game over at her blog and now I want to play a game. This is The Person Above Me. The rules are simple: I will be first and then someone will say something about me. So you just keep making a comment about the person above you.
Friday, February 24, 2006
It's been a good week. Tomorrow my two friends are coming in from El Paso and a whole bunch of us girls are getting together and getting them in! Their Mexican accents will be a flowing and they rub off on us. I'm so escited! So, I haven't had anything to say (Bite me, Kurt) because I've been overflowing with music. I LOVE IT! This is a big part of why it's been a good week. Here's only some of what's been consuming me along with a song or two. This may be boring to some, if not most, but it makes me smile. Those with a stars have gotten more play than others. Get 'em in!
*Ryan Adams - When The Stars Go Blue
*Deftones - Headup, Needles and Pins, Sinatra
The Great Depression - The Sargasso Sea
Arovan - Lilies, Korea
Moby - Hotel Intro
Bob Marley - Trenchtown Rock
Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline, Unglued, Hollywood Bitch, Wrong
Manda And The Marbles - Upside Down
*Radiohead - High And Dry, Sulk
Anubian Lights - Way Gone Man
Thievery Corporation - Dirty Little Secret Featuring Sarah McLachlan
Panic! At The Disco - Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have While Taking Her Clothes Off
The All American Rejects - Dance Inside
The Gathering - Monsters
*Metric - Too Little Too Late, Combat Baby, Glass Ceiling
My Favorite - Homeless Club Kiss
Foo Fighters - Lonely As You, Best Of You
*Dredg - Zebra Skin, Spitshine, Eighteen People Live In Harmony, Planting Seeds, Bug Eyes, It Only Took A Day, Sanzen
Strata - The Panic
Team Sleep - Your Skull Is Red
Paint By Numbers - We Come Down
Aviatic- Watching It All
The Killers - Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
Smashing Pumpkins - For Martha
*Audioslave - Heaven's Dead, Yesterday To Tomorrow, Man Or Animal & Set It Off
Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This), Tourniquet
Billy Bragg - Sexuality
Savage Garden - Crash And Burn
David Bowie - What In The World, Seven
The Vapors - Spiders
U2 - If God Will Send His Angels
Y & T - Down And Dirty
*A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras, Magdalena, Blue, Weak And Powerless
*Janes Addiction - Stop!, True Nature, Three Days, Wrong Girl, Ocean Size, Three Days
*Audiovent - Looking Down, The Energy
*30 Seconds To Mars - From Yesterday, Oblivion, A Beautiful Lie, Attack, Budda For Mary, Capricorn, R-Evolve
Skid Row - Monkey Business
Soundgarden - Searching With My Good Eye Closed, Zero Chance
German des Prés Café - Cut The Jazz
*Portishead - It Could Be Sweet, All Mine (Live)
Everything But The Girl - Single
*Massive Attack - Protection
Godsmack - Whatever
Spin - Lifehouse
Course Of Nature - Wall Of Shamre
12 Stones - The Way I Feel
Kill Hannah - 10 More Min. With You
Black Label Society - Fire It Up
Acroma - Don't Think Just Move
Muse - Time Is Running
Fuel - Million Miles
Dishwalla - 40 Stories
Bob Mould - Circles
The Kovenant - Star By Star
Thorniey - Come Again
36 Crazyfists - Bloodwork
*Taproot - Lost In The Woods, Calling
Cyclefly - Violet High
Give Up The Ghost – Since Always, We Killed It
Nine Inch Nails - Metal & All The Love In The World
Stone Temple Pilots - Creep
*DJ Shadow - Organ Donor (Live) and( Extended Overhaul)
*Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Pin Remix, Machine
Bjork - Harm Of Will
*Kosheen - Hungry
*Codeseven - Roped And Tied
Avenged Sevenfold - Chapter Four, Bat County, Burn It Down, Beast Of The Harlot
Corrosion Of Conformity - World Of Fire
Bloodsimple - Running From Nothing
Atreyu - Bleeding Mascara, Right Side Of The Bed, Aint Love Grand
The Confession - Jealousy
Alice In Chains - Dam That River
38 Special - Chain Ligtnin'
Pink Floyd - Seamus
System Of A Down - Spiders, Aerials
Hopesfall - The Ones
Fuel - Won't Back Down (Bring You Hell Remix)
And some other bands/artists I've been loving. . . *Zero 7, *The Flaming Lips, James Blunt, *Morcheeba, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin. . .
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Friday, February 17, 2006
Get 'Em In
I just bought A Beautiful Lie - 30 Seconds To Mars, Cold Roses - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals and got With Teeth - Nine Inch Nails, The Soft Bulletin - The Flaming Lips, Fever To Hell - Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Room Noises - Eisley for free! Fuck yeah, bitches! Good start to the weekend.
I heart teh Treehouse Gang (some, or maybe all (?) pictured left). More on them/us later.
It's Friday, get the beers in!
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Story Time; Get Your Blankies
So, there's two girls that are roughly 15 years old. There are two boys
who are about the same age. One day after school, if they went to
school, they decide to go back to one of the girls houses and hang out
since no one was home. The boys notice there are bottles of liquor and
decide they wanna drink it. The girls are hesitant but peer pressure
breaks them and they give in. Especially because they have crushes on
these boys. They drink 'til they can't drink anymore. . . literally.
Between the four there are three bottles of liquor missing. This is the
first time the girls experience the wrath of liquor. They are blacked
out and pretty much not even conscious. Alchohol poisoning could be a
factor. The boys are drunk but still coherent. They decide they want to
have sex with these girls.
Fast forward to the following day when daughter is "okay" and is
'having pains all over.' They head out to see a doctor. Doc says after
hours on end of examinations that she is "torn" and said boys possibly
and more than likely used "something" in the girl(s). The boys took
turns on the girl(s) as well. There was a lot of blood and bruises. She
is no longer a virgin.
Rape charges? I say fuck yes. I don't give a damn if the girls "chose"
to drink the alcohol. They were taken advantage of. According to Doc it
was as though the boys were having sex with a corpse the girl(s) were
so out of it. They just laid there lifeless like while the boys
proceeded in their task at hand. I say lock 'em up and throw away the
Monday, February 13, 2006
Professor Jenn At Your Service; Feel Free to Take Notes
1. Money isn't made out of paper, it's made out of cotton.
2. The Declaration of **Independence was written on hemp paper.
3. The dot over the letter I is called a "tittle".
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and
down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
6. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
7. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
8. The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor, who had red eyes. He was
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong par! ents, daily.
10.Warren Beatty and Shirley MacLaine are brother and sister.
11. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous system; a few ounces
will kill a small sized dog.
12. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's
stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
13. Most lipstick contains fish scales (eeww).
14. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear
15. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
16. Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because
in the time when all original print had to be set in individual
letters, the 'upper case'letters were stored in the case on top
of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.
17. Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other
at the same time ... hence, multi-tasking was invented.
18. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World Wa! r
II were made of wood.
19. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
20. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan; there was never
a recorded Wendy before!
21. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange,
purple, and silver!
22. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years to
paint Mona Lisa's lips.
23. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it instantly go mad
and sting itself to death.*
24. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween"was a
Captain Kirk mask painted white.*
25. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have
$1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being
able to make change for a dollar (good to know.)
26. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink
in quicksand (and you thought this list was completely useless.)
27. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from ! an old English law,
which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than
28. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player
for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was
the Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
29. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece
of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the same with
30. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
31. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified Kosher.
32. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most
often stolen from Public Libraries.
33. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space
because passing wind in a space suit damages it.
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Things For Jenn To Do
- Quit cussing so fucking much. (It's not ladylike.)
- Quit worrying about whether or not people like me and don't freak out if they don't. (So long as I do this, I will always be their prisoner.)
- Listen to something else besides Dredg tomorrow. (Well, maybe not.)
- Wash my car. (This usually makes me a appreciate it.)
- Taxes. (What ever will I spend my money on?)
- Rip the CD's I've promised to Daniel, HMT, and Doug.
- Send Katie and Bills Christmas presents before next Christmas. (It would be nice.)
- Jump rope LOTS more. (It's actually pretty fun.)
- Start reading and commenting on other blogs again. (I miss my blogger buddies and bitches.)
- Read the entire Tao more than once. (It just seems to make sense to me.)
- Change my blog URL. This may or may not happen. (I'm leaning more towards yes.)
- Not let the fear win and just freakin' do it! (See that? I said freakin'.)
- Go back to work tomorrow after five days off. (That's only 'cause I have to.)
- Put my intelligence to use when blogging. (Nevermind, that sounds boring.)
- Quit making damn lists when I don't have anything else to blog about. (Probably not gonna happen, but I can pretend.)
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Let the Demons Have Their Place, If So It's Angels You Will Create
Here's the thing, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone specifically, I'm just pointing. I'm sick of all this "I'm different" "I'm better" "I'm smarter" bullshit. Fuck you. You're no different than all of the other shitbags (thanks, Katie) trying to be different. I don't care if you're smarter, I don't care if you dress "different" or "vintage" and I certainly don't give a fuck if you're a label whore. Do what you gotta do, just quit trying to prove your uniqueness. Quit trying to prove how you're so different and it makes you the all high and mighty. No one gives a fuck. And sorry, but nothing about you is high and mighty, maybe you're just high.
Let's take punk for example. "Punk" kids think they're different. Okay, maybe back in the day they were different, but, be not fooled, they were still like all the other punk kids. Which kinda defeats the whole purpose, wouldn't you say? Back in the good ol' days it was an attitude, not an appearance. . . so they say. Bullshit. It WAS an attitude, but, appearance obviously had something to do with it, too. They had their own style. From clothes to hair. Just like every group does. Which, brings me to my point.
I have not one gahdamn issue with any "group" or "clique." Everyone fits in somewhere. Why the fuck do some groups feel the fucking need to crack on others? Whether it's music, clothes, hang-outs, etc. What makes your fucking "clique" better than the next? NOTHING. You are comfortable where you are, just like they are comfortable where THEY are. So what if someone wears Abercrombie & Fitch? What's it to you? And mostly, why the fuck is it so upsetting it gets under your skin and you feel the need to talk shit about it? Who cares if they listen to main stream hip-hop or main stream anything. They like it because THEY like it. Yeah, I make fun of my Abercrombie wearing friends, just like I make fun of my punk friends. In the end, I really don't give a fuck what you like. If anything, I can learn new things or maybe find some new music and vise versa. Why do people feel the need to judge so damn quickly? All that's really happening is they're missing out on some potential friendships. Hell, you see me with an Abercrombie wearing friend one day and the next with a thrift store shopping friend. What, the thrift store one is better because she is "vintage?" Or the Abercrombie one is more "high-class?" Fuck all that noise. Can people be any more lame? Oh yes, yes they can.
Be who the you want to be because YOU like it. Fuck what everyone else thinks and don't be so quick to fucking judge. I shock the hell outta of most people. If you were basing me off appearance. I'd say most of the time I fit into the "hi-hop," "normal-esq," or "career girl" categories, but inside I'm all up in the rock scenes. Be it punk, hardcore, metal, Indie, etc. Oh and how I hear the metal people say I can't me metal AND punk or vise versa and so on and so forth. You know what? I CAN BE both. And you know why? Because I just fucking can. Sorry to burst any bubbles. And after I look "hip hop" today, tomorrow I'll look gahdamn rock and roll. Because I can!
I'd be lying if I said I didn't care what people thought about me. I'm working really hard on that. REALLY hard. And it's not easy. I think sometimes I worry to a point where people misconcieve my care of what others think to being an attention whore. Understandable. Wrong, but understandable. Like I said, working on it, and I shall prevail! Anyhow, I don't exclude potential friends because they aren't what I am or aren't into what I'm into. And for the most part, the company I keep is the same. I'm not too busy trying to prove how I'm "different" from them and it means I'm better. I'm not too busy trying to prove that the music I like is better than theirs. I'm not trying to say my ways of life are right and theirs are wrong. "To each their own." I always hear that being quoted, but it's rare that I see it being applied. There is nothing so unique about a person that someone out there doesn't share. So quit trying to be so fucking different. YOU ARE JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE TRYING TO BE DIFFERENT.
I know this post was all over the place and maybe it doesn't even have a point or make sense at all but, ask me if I care? Oh yeah, one more thing, it IS all about me. Thought you knew, bitches!