Jenn's Reverie

Friday, June 16, 2006

10,000 Days

Any Tool fans blogging about? I'm sure there is. It is after all Tool. They are ingenius and you just can't deny those guys their surpassing talent. Whether you like them or not (which, I wouldn't understand not) you at least have to grant them the respect and credit they deserve.

Their new album 10,000 Days is phenomenal. I'm still feeling the initial awe-struck feeling I felt when I first threw it in everytime I hear it. I know many of you have purchased it from Itunes, but I highly suggest you own the actual CD. The artwork is sublime. The entirety of the album just above and beyond. From vocals to beats, lyrics to artwork. There isn't a track I don't love on it.

So, if there are some Tool fans out there that own the CD or have had the opportunity of listening to this album, I came across something interesting today and thought I'd share. It is truly interesting and I am definately intrigued. Myth or not, it is definately an interesting read. I found it through a girl named Amber. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and have been.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright you Tool fans...check this out. My cousin (a tool fanatic) found this post on the Atlanticrecords message board (I think I'll have to double check my email) and he followed the instructions. Here is the link to hear the finished results. I just listened to it...sounds pretty good to me!

Link

Make sure you read the post below from the guy who figured this craziness out. Pretty nuts people!!!

~Amber

****************************************

I don't know exactly how true these may be but it was sure interesting reading.
If you play Viginti Tres then Wings For Marie pt. 1 subsequently, and 10,000 Days at the same time. They match up perfectly creating a sort of enhanced song. (Note that they both equal 11:13 seconds when added up) The synchronization of the 3 combine to make the complete whole version Wings For Marie

Layed out as a mathematical equation, it would read: (Viginti Tres+Wings Pt.1) + 10,000 Days = Wings For Marie

Supporting Details:
Track ..3 - Wings for Marie (pt 1) 6:11
Track ..4 - 10,000 Days(Wings pt 2) 11:13
Track ..11 - Viginti Tres 5:02

The duration for track ..11 is 5:02. Track ..3 is 6:11. If you add those times together, it equals 11:13, the exact duration of Track ..4. At 9:14, the finale of both Wings 1 & 2 should come together to sound as one, and the lyrics in both songs overlap/echo one another (Please forgive this arrogant question/bold suggestion).

The time of the 3 individual tracks include the numbers 6, 11, 13, 5, & 2. 11:13 is the total running time of Wings For Marie. The U.S. release date of the album was 5/2/6. 23 is the number for synchronicity (see Wikepedia entries on 23(numerology), synchronicity). It is also the title of the last track in Latin, Viginti Tres. Wings pt. 1 & 2 synchronize at exactly 9:14. 9+14=23. Viginti Tres is Latin for 23, the track listing could be read as 11. 23. This could also represent the first steps of a Fibonacci sequence: 1,1,2,3.

The artwork for 10,000 Days consists of stereoscopic images. These images are created by using 2 photos that are slighty altered from each other to form one complete picture. Wings For Marie is created by using 2 audio tracks (Wings pt 1 & pt. 2) to form one complete song. The stereoscopic images of the 4 band members all have the number 11 represented in the same section of their pictures on the right side:

Danny - Flower stems represent 11
Justin - Arm holding the bird is pointing towards the 11 visible candles on the table. It is important to note that there are actually 12 candles, 11 visible and 1 hidden.
Maynard - The hands on the clock is pointed at 11
Adam - 11 glass jars on the desk (his right hand points in their direction)

The album cover art is 3 faces that form 1 face. Wings For Marie is 3 separate tracks that form 1 complete track. Cryptic hints such as song titles like Lost Keys, Right In Two and the lyric in the song Rosetta Stoned: "A message of hope for those who choose to listen."


Please note that an official statement has yet to be issued regarding the Wings For Marie theory, or if there really is a puzzle to the 10,000 Days album Users have commented on http://www.toolshed.down.net that upon doing this specific mash up of songs, the final product is hardly a "song", many citing to be flat out awful. It must be noted that with past bands, there have been many, many mashup theories, all of which have proved to be false or purely coincidental.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I think the mix works. I like it. As for the theory, I also think it works and I love it. Myth or not, I am intrigued.
posted by Jenn Doll at 10:14 PM

33 Comments:

Well, not I have to make the mix myself. All hail the everbountiful Tool & their brilliant minds.

11:01 PM  

yep, got it. but you know that.

11:03 PM  

Oh, and I really like the mix, but you know that already too.

11:22 PM  

Tool is good stuff. Never been on Rhapsody so I'll have to go out & buy that one. Let me know about the overlay stuff.

I still haven't recovered from the time I tried to play Pink Floyd to the Wizard of Oz. Brings back horrible nightmares.

9:57 AM  

Jenn said Tool

2:16 PM  

very interesting. everything falls into place. i always love these kinds of facts about bands and their about. all the cryptic messages and hidden truth. i admire these artists. such artists and marilyn manson and tool.

time for me to listen to some tool b/c i've been inspired give my Tool - 10,000 another listen.

3:56 PM  

Hey Jenn interesting music comment.

10:40 PM  

i like the mash-up better than the individual songs....
interesting concept. i think the idea was probably put together by the band or its management team in the label and the secret "leaked" to generate some buzz. what does it mean? well i think it means they may sell some more CDs but call me a cynic...

7:42 AM  

Hahah! Rat, I loved the Wizard of Oz/Pink Floyd thing. It was too fun. No flashbacks though as I was sober.

Kurt, I'm guessing all band. The members of Tool are into codes and cryptic stuff. And as for it being a "leak" I doubt that. My guess is they would neither confirm nor deny this theory and leave the fans to be with their own theory's and thoughts. Which, I think is rad. 'Cause if they deny it, it'd kill it for me.

1:21 PM  

you said tool. hehehe

9:59 PM  

Damn. I just noticed tha the UNLV jacket guy said the same thing.

Ummmmm.

Go Canes?

I don't know, I've got nothin'

10:00 PM  

I love Tool! I bought 10,000 Days about a month ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not quite up to Aenima's level, but it's great nonetheless.

7:29 AM  

sorry Tom, but I gotta go with the Owls.

7:52 AM  

And if you play both songs backwards, it says, "Elton John is straight."

12:23 PM  

Gotta get it gotta get it!

3:47 PM  

Is it gonna be 10,000 days until your next post???

7:51 AM  

wow. it seems as though no one even comes to give you grief about not posting....
well, mexi did.

6:05 PM  

go here, y'all

3:11 PM  

Oh nice. I entered the word "fisting" and it came out with: The Fisting that Refreshes!

10:17 AM  

10,000 days ...

... until we see Jenn again.


:-(

9:38 AM  

Thats awesome! i really like it! good find

2:43 AM  

I think Jenn ran off with a member of Tool because there wouldn't be any other reason she'd disappear like this. B)

3:47 PM  

Phenomenal is quite the underst8ment, I've been hooked for months now and actually landed a ticket for their upcoming Fresno concert which sold out in "10 Minutes" flat.

Cheers

P.S. You might like this video.

http://www.nocturnaltendencies.com/2006/04/repossession.aspx

10:34 PM  

Sorry about the bad URL, here's the goods.

repossession video

Cheers

1:06 PM  

Hey buttercup

9:26 AM  

Update your blog slacker! I miss you ever so Jenn, but being a career feller now, I go where the day takes me.

10:28 AM  

I seem to have lost my keys. Blame Hoffman, I say.

4:17 AM  

how cool is THAT? I'm impressed. I LOVE Tool, and am planning on getting their 10,000 days CD soon.

2:23 PM  

You need to stop by, some of the old familiar faces are dropping by.

8:41 PM  

You suck, unless you're in prison having catfights.

10:52 AM  

Tool is the best.
And BTW, if you get a chance to see them live. You must.
They are incredibly awesome live.

2:39 PM  

Ok, I need to give you a kick in the pants.

write a post about your favorite remembered DINING EXPERIENCE!

11:11 AM  

where is your deftones commentary and their new album

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home