Jenn's Reverie

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I Need My Mojo Back

... Hooked on the XBox. Gears of War and Call of Duty 2 rock my socks. Mike and I have been playing co-op on Gears of War and I've been playing Live on Call of Duty. It just doesn't get any better.
... Playing Resistance, Fall of Men on the Playstation 3, which also rocks my socks. I pretty much suck at Live because all these gamers smoke me, but I still give them a run for their money. Not really, but I am better at this than Call of Duty.
... We are supposed to go snowboarding in Durango this weekend, but apparently they have had some avalanches. We might have to hit Sandia and/or Santa Fe instead. Although, putting my son in classes was to be the highlight in Durango.
... My clutch gave out. It was only 800 bucks to get it fixed. Chump change. I wasn't stressed out at all. (Motherf*@!&r)
... Best show of last year, Imogen Heap was up there with Nine Inch Nails. I took my friend Chris and he described one of the songs as "orgasmic." Kid Beyond opened for her, but they also collaborated on a few of her songs and they just blew it out of the water. It was fucking awesome to say the least. If you haven't seen what Kid Beyond does, hit him up on youtube.com.
... I am seriously obsessed with Ryan Adams. Like seriously. He is amazing and his music just kinda grabs me by the booboo. I'm also obsessed with DJ Reggie aka Ryan Adams, The Shit aka Ryan Adams, Warren Peace aka Ryan Adams, and Werewolph aka Ryan Adams. He's been in rare form as of the late and that's not a bad thing. I'm currently in the process of owning as many possible bootlegs alla Ryan as possible as I pretty much own all of what has been released. He has so much out there, it's hard to keep up... or to catch up nonetheless. His fans have compiled what they titled the Bedhead Series. It is roughly 19 albums of all that is Ryan. If you can get your hands on them, do it. If you can't and want to, let me know. He's supposed to drop a few albums this year. Yes, a FEW. I can't wait to add them to my Ryan shrine.
... I also got somewhat carried away into the world that is 30 Seconds To Mars. It's good stuff, though all the crazy little guys out there have taken it to another level with them. Thank you, MTV! (Bitches)
... One of my favorite CD purchases in '06 would be Catch Without Arms by Dredg along with Tool's 10,000 Days of course.
... I watched Gladiator again the other night for the 20,000th time. It just doesn't get old, I tell you.
... I read so much now I think my eyes might pop out of my head. I realized, too that it's getting pretty pricey buying all these books. I like to own those that I read so the library isn't in question. What's a girl to do? I did however get two books and a gift card with $30 bucks to Barnes N Noble for Christmas. Oh, and I got two CD's, too! (Thank you both. You know who you are. You rock.)
... Speaking of which, that Damien Rice CD is some good stuff. The song 9 Crimes is gorgeous and he rocks Me, My Yoke, and I.
... Okay, this post is boring, but I've forgotten how to post, so cut me some slack and give me a chance to get back into the groove of things.
posted by Jenn Doll at 9:02 AM

32 Comments:

STILL waiting on Ryan Adams, YO!

11:28 AM  

you found a proxy....YAY!

11:43 AM  

My Junebug! Hey, how the hell did you find me here?! And I promise I'll get you some Ryan soon. I've just been busy getting all his other stuff, and like I said there is SO much. I think I was on Ryan overload last week. So, I'll go get some blanks this weekend and start yours soon. Scouts honor! I'm so sorry!

Hey, did you get any of the Bedhead series? I think Renee posted it.

11:46 AM  

Same one, Kurt. It magically started working agian.

11:46 AM  

Sup mama!!!

Kid Beyond is SYC!!! I've seen him a few times here in the bay area...that looping beat boxing is incred...did he do NIN cover for you??? Imogen, played last year at coachella and I've been kicking myself all year for missing that set of the weekend festival...

Jenn you should come out for that...it's 3 days this year and supposedly the last year of the festival!!!

Kisses~

12:07 PM  

Morning Jenn :)

I had two epidurals yesterday because it has been discovered that I no longer have the three bottom discs in my spine..they just went poof or some shit..

12:10 PM  

Chrissy, that sounds good! I'll call you and we'll talk dates. I've wanted to go to Coachella for years. I REALLY wanted to see TOOL last year. And yes, Kid Beyond is insane! Things that make you go hmm...

Morning, Dusty. I'm sorry! I hope you're feeling okay! Can't have my Dusty feeling down and out!

12:17 PM  

Cool...it sounds like it's on...total music overload and complete bliss...I tell ya the whole weekend is serious work...and a third day...means moremoremoremore!!! I got the system down and stay at a cute little hotel 5 minutes from the venue that has perfect back door entry to the fields so we don't get cought up in traffic!!!

12:54 PM  

Junie, you KNOW we already thought that. I'm dead fucking serious, ladies! I'm calling you both tonight. We'll three-way and start getting down to the nitty gritty! If we split costs, it can be done. I'll workout my flight details around that of course. And hopefully do an extra night or two in Hollywood. You game, Chrissy? That was the plan for June and I.

1:06 PM  

YOu still crack me up. And I'm glad you got the nickel!

~Jef

1:22 PM  

Hey! Why are you flipping me off? We hardly know each other! :)

1:26 PM  

I want to hear the new Damian Rice cd. I hate my computer not working here at home, I don't have any way to download songs cause my dad refuses to let me get Limewire.

It seems like everytime I buy a book by getting roped into 3 for 2 deals at Borders, the books are only okay, not ones I would ever read again. So no more buying for me, unless I've read it and know I love it.Glad you've been reading though. I need to pay off my library debt to get back in there.

3:18 PM  

Edge... Oooh! I like it. And sorry about the two f's! My bad.

Dan, I flip everyone off all the same. It's an equal opportunity gesture.

Katie, I text messaged you, you need to reply, damnit.

3:25 PM  

who is this Ryan guy? do you have any links to his music?

3:32 PM  

Damon, ever heard of Whiskeytown? That's a band he fronted. Email me. He has a lot of unreleased stuff which is what I've been working on getting. He has a site ryan-adams.com He has all kinds of different stuff up there. Some of it is him being a dork. But, it's great nonetheless.

3:38 PM  

never heard of him or Whiskeytown? but your music choices have been spot on so far so i'll send you an email soon.

4:05 PM  

dude, you gotta get on last.fm

then we'll REALLY see!

4:13 PM  

Dude...I am so with you on 10,000 Days. It is a kickass cd.

11:29 PM  

Damon, it's nothing hard at all. He's a singer/songwriter. I don't know if we've ever shared anything that wasn't at least somewhat hard. We shall see. I tried sending you a couple of tracks yesterday, but it didn't go through. I'll try again as soon as I get a chance.

HMT, I know! I wish I could. I will as soon as I can. Scouts honor.

Bruce, no doubt! It's not just great to listen to, it's fun to drive aimlessy at high speeds to. And also good to workout to. Love it.

9:00 AM  

Yo Jenn! what the dizzle. I was riding home from the airport about 2 weeks ago and listening to NPR in the back of the limo (i threw that in to impress you) and they did this bit about Damien Rice. Now I had nver heard of him, he's a little out of my genre but they played that song nine crimes and i went home and got the album. Dudes cool, crazy names for his songs, but cool nonetheless. Holla peep.

9:10 AM  

Tim, impressing indeed. ;) I'm like "whoah" that you went out and bought a Damien Rice CD! That's awesome. Honestly, I'm only digging those two tracks right now. I've given the whole CD play a couple of times, but I don't know if I'm completely feeling it just yet. He has a lot of other good stuff out there, though, this is the first CD I own. Other than that, I just have some songs from here and there. If you can, listen to Delicate (thanks to Katie) and also Volcano. Those are my two favorites.

9:22 AM  

"great to workout to"...
"hitting the gym"
hmmm. sounds almost like a New Year's Resolution or a mid-life crisis or there is a retiree that you are keeping up with.

11:08 AM  

Jenn you have to hear the song "By Your Side" by Donovan Frankenreiter....he's on Ryan's "Lost Highway" label and he's very Ben Harper-ish. I think you'll really like the cd, but definitely try to hear that song I said.

12:10 AM  

Bill, I love that song! Mr. YesseYames turned me on to Donovan a while back and he's pretty swell if I don't say so myself. As a matter of fact, I think I'll listen to him today. Woot!

8:15 AM  

I gave Tool's album my album of the year award in my best of 2006 post last week--I haven't heard the Dredg one, though.

I hope we don't have to wait so long for another Tool album!

-- david

8:16 AM  

I don't know if you've gotten on last.fm as quickly as you said you would.

but it's ok, time is just a convention of many anyway. my name on that thing is "syrrok" so look for me when you sign up!

10:15 AM  

HMT, I tried that day but was denied access to the download. I'm still doing everything here at work which isn't a good thing. As soon as I get my own PC we're on!

10:29 AM  

David, you are not alone! It does beat the Dredg album, but they were two of my favorites... along with some Ryan Adams. :p Check out the Dredg one of you can. El Cielo is their first, I believe, which is good as well but to me is not as good as Catch Without Arms.

10:31 AM  

Rock 'n roll?! Ryan and Damien and/or Donovan are far from! Well, okay, they're badasses, but not really rock but are. Does that make sense? Though, Tool, that's a whole other story! They DO fucking rock!

I'll get my books second hand when I'm done pretending I'm rich and not acting cool.

1:13 PM  

Jenn, are you responding to me as anonymous? So! It's your anonymous alter-ego that flipped me off, huh? Hiding behind the apron strings of your anonymous alter-ego.

I've seen that one before! :)

4:13 PM  

Jenn, are you responding to me as anonymous? So! It's your anonymous alter-ego that flipped me off, huh? Hiding behind the apron strings of your anonymous alter-ego.

I've seen that one before! :)

4:13 PM  

I'm dizzy. Hope you have a fun weekend wherever you end up having to go. Rock on you hot little book nerd.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home