Jenn's Reverie

Monday, December 17, 2007

Jenn + Alcohol = Over

I've been partying now for about 6 years. Funtimes and many a memories, but I think I'm done. It's been probably about 6 months now since I've been not really wanting to do the party thing. I basically make myself go when I do go now. Maybe it's denial that I'm actually done with my partying daze. Besides that, I had my first real hangover this weekend and fuck all that. I've never been the type to get sick while drinking or hungover. A minor headache here and there, maybe a little bit going on in the stomach, but nothing some IBuprofen and some liquids and food couldn't fix. This time, death was upon me. It was ROUGH. Everyone is saying, "you'll drink again." Why would I subject myself to that?! And another thing (which I'm embarrassed about), the last 3 times I drank, I blacked out. That is not common. At all. Apparently I don't do anything crazy or act outlandishly, and no one even knows until I mention it the next day. I've come to the conclusion that I'm getting old! Some of my friends say it's because I'm "in my peak." Thirty is the age, give or take a few years. And peak doesn't necessarily mean sexual. It does however mean a girls hormones go a little crazy. So maybe there's some kinda chemical reaction with my crazy hormones. And no, I'm not an emotional twat. Well, not usually. And I think when I am it is within reason.

Anyhow, RIP Drunken Daze/Days. The stories will be told for generations to come. From now on, it's a social drink here and there. I'm sure I'll have a drunk moment once in a while, but no longer will it be anything often. And often before was a couple times a month and even that's too much. I don't even like partying anymore. I have more fun sitting at my friends house playing Guitar Hero.

P.S. Liddell vs. Wanderlei Dec. 29th. Mark your calendars. On the same card, a rubber match - Hughes vs. St. Pierre. It's going to be a good fucking night because Wanderlei will be seeing stars; And St. Pierre will be the new welterweight champ.
posted by Jenn Doll at 12:55 AM

13 Comments:

With your profile pic scaled down to a thumbnail there on the sidebar, I thought that someone had busted your lip. I thought, "wow, was this the last Ike photo taken before he died?"

7:28 AM  

I've been going out much less that I used to also. I stay home and play World of Warcraft which means I don't drink or smoke because I generally only do that at the bar. Last night a couple of my friends imposed on me to have me shoot pool and gamble with them. I drank a half pint of Tangueray and a 40 oz Budweiser and won all their chump change. Vanquished opponents, wailing of their women, etc.

8:14 AM  

I understand what you are saying when it comes to never drinking again after a hangover. I was 3 sheets to the wind wasted on new years eve. New Years Day was so horrible. I threw up as soon as I woke up. Ever since I haven't drank a drop of booze. and I have never drank beer, taste nasty.

1:20 AM  

You're in good company. Having had the mega hangover myself years ago, I've been having just a drink here and there: Something with dinner, or at a get together with friends. It's not really so much the main source of entertainment and it's pretty awesome now. Of course there was the initial losing some friends after realizing I didn't really like them when I was sober. lolol

Anyway, nothing wrong with drinking, but nothing wrong with moderation. :)

10:11 AM  

i think your pronouncement is an after the fact one. and i'm sorry i gave you some shit over it when you were feeling bad sunday. but i meant it when i said you aren't getting older but wiser. it's weird when we finally reach the stage that life is the party instead of the party being life.
been there, done that. glad to have you in the club :)

12:06 PM  

Jenn if you have an Xbox 360 and the live package, I will challenge you to Guitar Hero at any time...II or III. I'm just learning them, but I'm pretty badass so far. Especially when I'm Slash. Oh and PS...you'll be drunk again silly. You're just taking a vacation.

Love,
Bill

10:04 PM  

So you black out, eh? Hmm, we need to go get drunk together. BWA HA HA HA!!!! Wait, ignore that evil laugh. I'm not up to anything. I'm a nice, respectable man.

8:55 AM  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Softie.

Kebabs and Coke at the end of an night out have spared me many a hangover.

Dont ask me why, but it works!!

12:11 PM  

Go Chuck!
Man, wish I stopped by his gym when I went to San Luis Obispo. Would have been cool to work out with that guy, or at least some of his peeps.

Ever heard of the word "moderation?" I drink one to two drinks a day. Alcohol is good for you. Everyone I'm aware of who lived past 115 drank on a daily basis. No coincidence. And the 2 longest people of all both smoked.

Just have someone you trust smack you upside the head if you drink more than five. Then you won't have to worry about overdoing it. And remember "beer before liquor, never been sicker." Drink one drink, and only one drink in a night. Don't drink one thing and start drinking something else. That's very bad. That will make Jenn sick.

1:59 AM  

Yeah, that whole blacking out thing definitely isn't a good thing to do to your body - brain damage for sure. I did it lots when I was 18 - 20. You have to take care of yourself, plus I'd guess something bad could happen to you if you were separated from your friends for a few minutes & some psycho lured (or dragged) you off. Then I have to go hunt the guy down & torture him so I can drag out his death for weeks. I'd rather nott with my new exciting job opportunity coming up. Take care of that smart, witty, funny brain of yours, babe!

10:26 AM  

Here's to the future.

Merry Christmas and a happy new years as well.

11:44 AM  

That's the whole thing though, guys! I AM drinking in moderation. It's not more than I have. As a matter of fact, I normally drink more. I can drink lots or little lately and I blackout. It's NOT normal.

Anyhow, false alarm, I had the flu! It wasn't a hangover. But, still, I blacked out. What kinda shit is that?!

Slayer, this is the first time I bet money on a fight!! Chuck all the way, baby. And St. Pierre.

3:14 AM  

Its the flu..dont be a quitter. : )

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home