Jenn's Reverie

Monday, March 15, 2010

Panties in a Ruffle

I'm not exactly sure what's going on with girls these days. Especially lately. I just can't seem to put my finger on it. Fake, angry, jealous, insecure, and I could go on. I'm not calling the kettle black either. I can (not easily) admit that I have been every one of those and am still the latter. My "hmm" stems from what I've seen going on recently. I've seen it before, but lately it seems like it's more and more and not only is it more, but girls are more out there with it.

I did a photo shoot yesterday with 15 or so other girls. Some shot in sets of two, some individually. I assisted in the shoots as well as shot myself. I saw confidence, I saw insecurities, I saw vanity, but mostly, I saw jealousy and competition. Rather than one girl being okay with the beauty of another, it was as though it was a burden. It seemed as though days were ruined and from that stemmed attitudes. Now I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I don't get attitude because you bet your sweet ass I do. I used to be extremely passive aggressive and can still be, I guess it's just worn me down over the years; Or perhaps it's as "they" say, you grow less tolerant with age. The passive is not so much a factor into my attempts at letting someone know that I don't think they are acting accordingly; Especially in a professional setting. Yesterday, however, I bit my tongue. I bit so hard it bled. I'm surprised half of it isn't missing. Not only that, I am STILL biting.

At one point during the shoot I was asked by the photographer to see if anyone else would be shooting in the set she was using at the moment so that she didn't have to move the lighting from set to set. It's a lot of work and time consuming and when you're shooting that many people, time is already a deciding role of what is and isn't going to work. When I did what she asked the response was a negative one. Apparently since these girls are "models" the diva disease kicked in. I wasn't having it. The photographer in which we were working with has done a great deal of work for us at great costs. Not only that, but there is no reason to treat anyone with that distasteful type of attitude for no apparent reason. At one point she asked if I could find out what was going on because there was no response. I was upset and told her that it was probably better if she did it because I knew at that moment I wasn't going to exactly make things better. Before having her attempt, I tried one more time and utilized the tone of my voice to let said girl(s) know that it was necessary we have her attention. She came upstairs eventually in all her attitude glory and I proceeded to treat her with respect and still she wasn't reciprocating. At that point, I was done with her. I was supposed to shoot with her and it didn't happen. I think that was best because I'm pretty sure the tension would have been noticeable in the photos as neither her nor I are pros. Well, at least I know I'm not.

Later while the photographer was shooting another set of girls, there are two behind me bitching about how they hadn't got to shoot yet; That it wasn't fair that others got there an hour after them and late and were already done. The others in which they were speaking of was me. Oh. My. God. I admit the ghetto was slowly creeping and holy hell did I fight it back! I just let them talk, but oohwee it wasn't easy! If they wanted to shoot, their dumbasses should have been paying attention like I was and talked to the photographer and try to figure out the situation rather than just sit there with their fingers up their asses and cry about it. ALSO, before bitching and moaning they should have ASKED me why I'd gotten to shoot and I would have happily explained that I shot in the set that was already set up. Their set was in a different room with different lighting, etc. However, that's a lot to ask for of imbeciles. Had they not realized that I was STILL there and didn't shoot to try to get out of there? Of course they didn't. It's easier to be a cry baby and bitch about something they don't even know about.

Suffice to say, I had fun. My nerves had gotten the better of me the night prior to the photo shoot and I was even feeling nauseous. When I changed into what I was shooting in, I ran around like a chicken shit in a mens button up collared shirt so that none of the girls could see. The photographer told me at one point that she was nervous to shoot me and that right there settled my nerves. YAY! We were both nervous! Assisting on the shoots was a lot of fun, too. I got to touch boobies! Okay, not really, but kinda sorta. Yes, I'm straight.


Anyhow, I've strayed, but that's neither here nor there and this is my blog so I can stray if I want to. You would stray, too if it happened to you! So what's with the ladies lately? Where's all the animosity coming from? Is mother nature on her period and making all you vaginas feel her wrath? Or are you too simple to open your eyes, possibly step outside of your little box and see what's really going on? And no, I'm not talking about ALL ladies, I'm talking about the simpletons I've come across lately. Boys, you're not off the hook. You're retards, too. I'm an equal opportunist hater.

P.S. I love your faces.

P.P.S. I had a home cooked gourmet dinner that included amazing ceviche at a friends after. We laughed so much it hurt. Be jealous.
posted by Jenn Doll at 9:57 AM

2 Comments:

Hot girls are a dime a dozen and they usually are worthless in a couple of years anyways. Better to go down to the tittie bar, where the girls have some work ethic (if you can sober them up enough.)

8:10 PM  

I loved reading this post! You rock! I feel you on the whole, "what's with chicks lately"? Yeah. I am married and my husband is an assistant manager at a retail store and he works with this annoying chick that is a couple years older than him. Well, there has been a few occasions where I will pop into visit and she will outwardly flirt toward him (I say toward because he is not reciprocating back). I am like, "WTF bitch". Today I went and visited my hubby and she did it again. She stared me down the whole time I was in the store even after him and I visited. I both times felt like dragging her face through concrete. I can't stand women like that. They think they can get ANY attention from ANYONE. I don't get it. I would never think to flirt with some other woman's husband. Even if it was friend flirting. And she seems friendly. I don't say anything to her because he works with her and I don't want to get him in trouble and ultimately, I know it would tick him off because it will seem like I don't trust him.

Women are attention whores these days! Personally, I think it's because of all the sexual media out there these days that has caused women to feel like this. However, that's no excuse to convey for attention like that.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home