Jenn's Reverie

Monday, June 14, 2004

California, there I went!

Okay, this blog won't be depressing. I got my pictures back from California, and I am agitated. There are pictures not there that I know I took. Many of them are blurry and in the ones I'm in, I don't like how I look. The best ones are for my birthday. Unfortunately I didn't get those on cd, so I have to go back AGAIN and see if they can still do it. I took them for the one hour photo and the lazy bitch said they were backed up. So, that's not my problem! Finally, I'm like hell with it, I'll leave them for the 2 day. I emphasize, 2 days! Well, I took them on Tuesday, didn't get them 'til Sunday. So I spend almost 50 bucks and the quality blows. I never hated Wal-Mart, 'til now! I hope Target takes over! (Not going to happen, but I can dream.) So anyhow, I really want to see the ocean again! And I wish I could go back to Lancaster just to hang out. Since I've seen the views now. I had an absolutely great time. Had it not been for Damian (my son), I wouldn't care if I'd come back or not. It was so nice being where no one knows you. Not to mention, where I didn't know anyone. No history, no nothing! It kind of makes me sad though, it's like I wish I could start over. If I didn't have Damian, I would be out of here! While I was out there, I was reminded that there are people who have goals other then to see what guy or girl they're gonna meet next. Like, trying to get a band started and real goals as such. Out here, goals are like, um...I don't know. But the ocean is there, and I thank Gabe with all my heart for showing it to me. I actually thought I would never see it. It's so powerful! That's all I kept thinking. Powerful and neverending. Just wonders of beauty. Oh yeah! I got to see a seal too! A "wild" one. Meaning not at the zoo. The bums there are even talented! They don't just stand on the corner with some sign. They use what they have. For instance, one made this insane Buddah out of sand. The detail was unbelievable! Another spoke his political mind in the sand, with sand sculptures as well as writings. He had statements about the war. A third was juggling. They made me want to give them money. I got to have one of the best tasting Sex On the Beach mix drinks on the pier! That was great. Actually, it was phenomenal. I never in my life thought I'd be sitting in the middle of the ocean, per say, having a drink. WOW! Even the bedraggled pigeons couldn't ruin it. Actually, it was quite entertaining when one took a dump on this younger guy and his friends got quite the kick out of it. This was all in Santa Barbara. It's gorgeous there. Some of the people seem "upitty," nothing that bothers me though. Gabe's friends were awesome too. They were all very welcoming. None of them seem to judge either. Well maybe one person, but she's someone who is judged, or something. Anyhow, and Dan (his brother), the one I was a bit intimidated to meet, he's an awesome guy. He was more drunk then I, but that's the fun part! He can handle his though! His girlfriend Marleigh was just wonderful to me, as were her friends. Very sarcastic I might add! And I love sarcasm. It was great. They managed to make me laugh quite a bit. Although I didn't get to juice anyone for any "Gabe stories." His best friend Eric is an awesome guy too. I like that he gets my sarcasm. He still owes me for wishing my death though! He made me puke! For real, watch out for that one! I got to go to Maxtons. This almost invisible bar. Yet many people were drawn there. It was nice. I don't do that out here. Go to bars where we sit and conversate that is. I'm always at clubs here. To busy running around and dancing to talk. I liked it though. I got to know people a little bit. Including Jason, probably one of the more drunk people there. Jason got a shot of my best friend's boob. Haha, Go Jason! It's my fault, I took the picture and they snuck it away to see it. But she'll live! Rick I admired. Only because of what Gabe told me. How his band was "known" out there. And they were so close to "making it." Gabe talks nothing but good about his friends. They all have so much drive! It's insane! Whether it be for a band or to finish school. It was almost intimidating to be around some of them. Marleigh, Dan and their friends, all in college and doing stuff for themselves! It was quite captivating. Gabe's dad was just awesome to me. He got me a bottle of Cabo Wabo for my birthday! I was definitely not expecting that. He also made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Well and last but not least there's Gabe. He was perfect! He respected me and my wishes. He spent more on me then every guy I've ever dated put together! It's not about the money either, it's the fact that he wanted to do it. For those of you that know me, that was extremely hard for me to do. But for the first time ever, I let someone pay. It actually taught me something. That sometimes when people want to do something it's because they appreciate me. It was so nice. I can't find the words to say how much of a great time I had. What sucks the most is I can't say thank you enough. It makes me crazy! I just hope that it is known how much I really do appreciate it. It was an experience I will NEVER forget. Until next time...
Powerful is the ocean, as are the minds of new friends!
posted by Jenn Doll at 5:33 PM

2 Comments:

i stumbled upon your blog because it was in the address bar. but anyhow, it was nice meeting you, and i'm glad you enjoyed your time out here. we liked having you around too--well, most of us.(*coughGABEcough*) i hope you don't have any pictures of my baby-sized weewee in that stack, but if you do, frame it and donate it to science. lancaster is (was) a great place, but new mexico is probably great in its own way too, and you should be proud of that. i hope we see you again soon!

sparks,
dan

12:43 AM  

Hey...I did a search of "I always thought i was a trivia question unfit to be asked" cause I wanted to find out what song that is because it's on this site && I really really like it but I donno what it's called or who sings it.

Please tell me you know it! lol

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home