Jenn's Reverie

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

In-Depth Conversation

He sat on the floor in the hallway, playing behind me, while I got ready using the bathroom mirror. The conversation went something like. . .

Damian - "Mom, what's it called when you fart and nothing comes out?"
Me - "A fart."
Damian - "Yeah, but nothing comes out?"
Me - "It's still a fart, babe."
Damian - "No, a fart sounds like this (insert fart sound here), and what's it called when it just goes, pshhh?"
Me - (laughing) "A silencer?"
Damian - "A silencer?!"
Me - "Yeah, I guess."
Damian - "The one's that go, pshhh?"
Me - "Yeah, what else would you call it?"
Damian - "I dunno. How come they do that?"
Me - (laughing more) "I'm not sure babe, I guess they just do."


posted by Jenn Doll at 3:05 AM

8 Comments:

At least he never asked "what's it called when you fart and something else comes out?" That's called sharting, which is a great word. Sorry, I saw that on some movie my brother watched last week, and found it very entertaining.

I'm watching a documentary about meerkats, and now I want one.

5:28 AM  

does he mean like NOTHING, not even a smell? those are called 'duds' and then the ones that don't make a sound but have stinker are 'SBD's (silent but deadly)

7:43 AM  

p.s. andy i just read your comment and i laughed SO FREAKING HARD!!!! sharting hahahahaha!

7:44 AM  

You laughed so hard that you sharted?

7:53 AM  

From now on, I'm going to start calling them my "stealth attack."

2:12 PM  

If nothing comes out, then nothing happened, so they're called nothing. If they go pssshhhh, then they're just called quiet. Another popular name for the "Silent "ut Deadly" is the "It Wasn't Me!"

6:52 PM  

That conversation was precious! That's one of the reason's I can't wait to have kids. They beleive everything you tell them, it's great. You better read up more on farts. You're Damian's mother and you have to know the answers to everything. "I don't know" just won't cut it next time.

12:03 AM  

ok. i haven't found where i called you queen of tedium, but this conversation was funny.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home