Jenn's Reverie

Friday, February 24, 2006

Wonderwall

It's been a good week. Tomorrow my two friends are coming in from El Paso and a whole bunch of us girls are getting together and getting them in! Their Mexican accents will be a flowing and they rub off on us. I'm so escited! So, I haven't had anything to say (Bite me, Kurt) because I've been overflowing with music. I LOVE IT! This is a big part of why it's been a good week. Here's only some of what's been consuming me along with a song or two. This may be boring to some, if not most, but it makes me smile. Those with a stars have gotten more play than others. Get 'em in!

*Ryan Adams - When The Stars Go Blue
*Deftones - Headup, Needles and Pins, Sinatra
The Great Depression - The Sargasso Sea
Arovan - Lilies, Korea
Moby - Hotel Intro
Bob Marley - Trenchtown Rock
Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline, Unglued, Hollywood Bitch, Wrong
Manda And The Marbles - Upside Down
*Radiohead - High And Dry, Sulk
Anubian Lights - Way Gone Man
Thievery Corporation - Dirty Little Secret Featuring Sarah McLachlan
Panic! At The Disco - Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have While Taking Her Clothes Off
The All American Rejects - Dance Inside
The Gathering - Monsters
*Metric - Too Little Too Late, Combat Baby, Glass Ceiling
My Favorite - Homeless Club Kiss
Foo Fighters - Lonely As You, Best Of You
*Dredg - Zebra Skin, Spitshine, Eighteen People Live In Harmony, Planting Seeds, Bug Eyes, It Only Took A Day, Sanzen
Strata - The Panic
Team Sleep - Your Skull Is Red
Paint By Numbers - We Come Down
Aviatic- Watching It All
The Killers - Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
Smashing Pumpkins - For Martha
*Audioslave - Heaven's Dead, Yesterday To Tomorrow, Man Or Animal & Set It Off
Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This), Tourniquet
Billy Bragg - Sexuality
Savage Garden - Crash And Burn
David Bowie - What In The World, Seven
The Vapors - Spiders
U2 - If God Will Send His Angels
Y & T - Down And Dirty
*A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras, Magdalena, Blue, Weak And Powerless
*Janes Addiction - Stop!, True Nature, Three Days, Wrong Girl, Ocean Size, Three Days
*Audiovent - Looking Down, The Energy
*30 Seconds To Mars - From Yesterday, Oblivion, A Beautiful Lie, Attack, Budda For Mary, Capricorn, R-Evolve
Skid Row - Monkey Business
Soundgarden - Searching With My Good Eye Closed, Zero Chance
German des Prés Café - Cut The Jazz
*Portishead - It Could Be Sweet, All Mine (Live)
Everything But The Girl - Single
*Massive Attack - Protection
Godsmack - Whatever
Spin - Lifehouse
Course Of Nature - Wall Of Shamre
12 Stones - The Way I Feel
Kill Hannah - 10 More Min. With You
Black Label Society - Fire It Up
Acroma - Don't Think Just Move
Muse - Time Is Running
Fuel - Million Miles
Dishwalla - 40 Stories
Bob Mould - Circles
The Kovenant - Star By Star
Thorniey - Come Again
36 Crazyfists - Bloodwork
*Taproot - Lost In The Woods, Calling
Cyclefly - Violet High
Give Up The Ghost Since Always, We Killed It
Nine Inch Nails - Metal & All The Love In The World
Stone Temple Pilots - Creep
*DJ Shadow - Organ Donor (Live) and( Extended Overhaul)
*Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Pin Remix, Machine
Bjork - Harm Of Will
*Kosheen - Hungry
*Codeseven - Roped And Tied
Avenged Sevenfold - Chapter Four, Bat County, Burn It Down, Beast Of The Harlot
Corrosion Of Conformity - World Of Fire
Bloodsimple - Running From Nothing
Atreyu - Bleeding Mascara, Right Side Of The Bed, Aint Love Grand
The Confession - Jealousy
Alice In Chains - Dam That River
38 Special - Chain Ligtnin'
Pink Floyd - Seamus
System Of A Down - Spiders, Aerials
Hopesfall - The Ones

Fuel - Won't Back Down (Bring You Hell Remix)

And some other bands/artists I've been loving. . . *Zero 7, *The Flaming Lips, James Blunt, *Morcheeba, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led Zeppelin. . .



posted by Jenn Doll at 3:12 PM

25 Comments:

I KNOW it's eXcited and not eScited! Kurt's already trying to correct me. It's with an accent, douche. Putt attention.

3:22 PM  

you left out the Bob Marley and those other really cool ones. Who were they? Mariah Carey, Sum 41, Fall Out Boy, Bow Wow...?

3:38 PM  

Um, you obviously read that list, Bob Marley IS in there. I have no problem with Mariah Carey's old stuff or her latest, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Fall Out Boy?! You're on the verge of a good ass whooping.

3:45 PM  

I thought I was the only one who had heard of 12 Stones...sweet! Nice Y & T reference, too..

Enjoy your weekend.

4:21 PM  

It's awesome to see Kosheen and C.O.C in there, but where the fuck is the brazzaville!??

have I not sent you them? oh christ get ready to have a new fav. band.

Soundgarden is top o' da tits too :)

8:01 PM  

Sweetheart, you need at least a little country in your reprotoire (I know I speeled that wrong but I'm drunk and it's the best I can do---should it even have an i in it? fuckifiknow). Listen to some Reckless Kelly or Randy Rogers.

8:22 PM  

Apart from the huge amount of good stuff on there I'm stuck as to WHY you've got Savage Garden on that list. I mean it's SAVAGE GARDEN.

Hi, by the way.

8:25 PM  

What a huge variety of music...from STP to Moby to 38 Special to Savage Garden? Whoa...that's a mix.

U2's "If God Will Send His Angels" is a great song.

8:39 PM  

1. You're the other person who listens to Black Label Society.

2. Word verification, bitch!

10:02 PM  

HMT, they're on the to-do list! Just didn't get to them. I tried checking out their site (you posted it on R's blog) but, to no avail. I couldn't get any audio to play.

Okie, I don't buy it or choose it, but if it's on, I don't mind it. There is some country that I itch to hear, but it's not very often. The thunder rolls and the lightning strikes!

Stell, holy shit! I MISS YOU! You need to email me! Or text me. Wait, I don't think you have my new number. I MISS YOU! Did I already say that? And Savage Garden is one of those guilty pleasures. And it's not often, I promise. So you can rest easy.

Phoenix, that's how I do! Music is bliss. And that U2 song is indeed great.

John, it's like our seceret society! And um, I logged on just to fix the word verification, but I'm an immature bastard and have to be like "Oh yeah? Bitch? Watch!" So, I'll wait 'til Monday to do that. *smooches*

10:39 PM  

Hey, Jenn, I linked it since you don't visit any more

9:14 AM  

I love a chick who calls me bitch & then kisses me.

Of course you can leave it up as long as you want (Kurt said reverse psychology might work)

9:15 AM  

Actually, he didn't, but it's fun watching you two fight.

9:16 AM  

No more word verification. Now you can quit crying and just love me already, gahdamnit.

Kurt, you already said uncle. I'm done.

11:53 AM  

it has been said the a woman always gets final word in an argument with a man.

anything the man says after that is the start of another argument.

12:02 PM  

Kurt, I'm glad you pay attention.

12:34 PM  

did you say something?

12:38 PM  

Doing my world renouned happy dance.

8:07 PM  

awesome list, i'm digging it.

11:47 PM  

I'm impressed to see Bob Mould, Billy Bragg, Corrosion Of Conformity and a few others in there. Good mixture from a lot of genres. I expected NIN but we need to find some Machines Of Loving Grace (Concentration album) and Stabbing Westward for you. B)

3:15 AM  

HAHA! I thought I was the only one who loved Skid Row's "Monkey Business." What a great f.u. song!

-- david

6:54 AM  

love your music taste. love zero 7.

only mariah carey can make a schreech sound beautiful.

fallout boy does a wonderful cover of "love will tear us apart"

and stellah, savage has some great stuff eg "Ava Adore."

7:42 PM  

Quite the list of music... interested in swapping mix CD's?

10:27 PM  

Cuales Spanish accents caborona! ha! You already had it in you; you just never realized it... ha!
EG

4:43 PM  

Jack H is trying to set me up by posting false homosexually charged messages in my 'anonymous' name on his 'Forgotten Prophets' blog. He has also been editing my own words to imply other falsehoods including potential criminal activity on my part. He may be doing the same elsewhere. I believe that he also plans to post a sexually charged or sem-nude photo and a link and make it appear as if I posted that photo myself. If you happen to see this photo and know of its original source, post that source here. There may be criminal activity involved. Jack H has claimed to be many things including a body builder, psychology major, gun owner, and super genius with an IQ of 164. I have reason to believe that Jack H may actually be a student or staff member at Drake University in Iowa or possibly another in California or Colorado.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home