Jenn's Reverie

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

New Mexico Skyline

I can see your face etched in the clouds. As I lay on my back ask why
This curse of blue skies and better days as to lay so far away
Our wrists wear the scars of broken hearts and faded promises
As we reach out for each other, longing to feel those fragile
I want to stare at the same star filled sky and see the way you see
These walls we have built so shimmering and strong are crumbling
But it's so easy with you..our hearts....our strength
So please just sit for awhile

What is it I could've done to pull you in to my heart
I'm not ready to fee this
You're not ready to feel this
But as we watch the sun set on our past
We look to a brighter horizon
A New Mexico Skyline

And I still reach to you. Would you reach for me?
As I wait to stare at your lips. The words spilling into the air
I want to see the mornings light play games with your skin
To catch you smiling back at me.
To hold you in the aftermath of a dark gray sky
Together I want us to feel something again Something more than

What is it I could've done to have met someone like you
All these ridiculous thoughts have never burned so true
If I could give all I have...I wouldn't think twice
And if this is all a dream...I promise I will never wake you...

Please help me figure out
What can come next for us
Can I kiss you?
Can I touch you?
Don't let time pass us by
Take my hand and we will figure this out
Watch the sun disappear over
The New Mexico Skyline.

Song By "Gabe"
For me!

(There are a couple of words missing, when I printed it
they got cut off. But if I manage to get them, I'll fix it)
posted by Jenn Doll at 4:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home