Jenn's Reverie

Friday, January 13, 2006

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy

So, I went to Cowboys last night, and wow! Don't people work anymore?
It was so freakin' packed. It's not a small place either. There's also
Ground Zero which you can go to through Cowboys. So basically you got
two clubs. And there still wasn't any damn room to walk.

They had a band, which I don't remember what their name, but they
weren't too shabby. Okay, so the guitar player and singer were hot. So
what's with country singers dressing like their rock 'n roll? I mean,
not that they didn't pull it off, but really; What happened to cowboy
hats, pointy boots and belt buckles? Kinda takes the country outta
country, no? In all fairness, they did play some good tunes like
Mustang Sally and they were good at it. The country they did play was
the good stuff and they did it well. During intermissions they played
hip-hop, so dancing was needed to be done. We stayed in Ground Zero for
the hip/hop for the last 30 minutes or so. Oh, and by the way, just
because it's called Cowboys and they play mostly country music, the
crowd was very mixed. It wasn't a bad crowd, just not really my kind. I
like to be in my element. I'm guessing most do. Well, maybe the fact
that I only had one drink had something to do with it? Otherwise had I
a few more, I'm sure it would have been just fine!

A little bit of advice:
1. Just because you have a sweater on a seat, THAT'S NOT YOUR FUCKING
TABLE. Someone should be sitting there.
2. If you don't like cigarette smoke, DON'T FUCKING GO TO A CLUB WHERE
PEOPLE CAN SMOKE IN IT!

I asked this one old guy to borrow his light and he says while lighting
me up, "Might as well, you borrowed our table." Yeah, 'cause no one had
been sitting there ALL night. I stood up and said, "Oh, did you need
that?" Of course I was sarcastic, don't be dumb. Then a little bit
later my friend is having a smoke and she puts her ashes out in the
ashtray and this lady (one that was with the old guy) pushes the
ashtray over and tells her with all kinds of attitude, "Can you put
that on the other table 'cause I don't smoke." These people should have
stayed home and went to bed with their 85 year old asses. I take a drag
of the cigarette and can you guess in what direction the smoke went?
Yeah, fuck her.

People like that piss me off. Seriously, if I don't wanna see naked
girls I probably shouldn't go to a strip club. Same rules apply for
those that don't like smoking. And the whole table thing. I'm sorry,
but that's reserved for no one. And if you want it to be "your" table,
then stay your happy ass there all night so someone else doesn't see an
empty table and think it's empty!

Guess who's getting fresh ink on Saturday, bitches!

posted by Jenn Doll at 10:32 AM

27 Comments:

You should have taken your lighter and fired up the chick's nose while sucking the smoke straight out of her ear. You know, make her head into instant bong. Then you could have blown that smoke back in her face too and top that off by singing the Marlboro song. The crowd would have joined in the singing I'm sure.

(If there really was a Marlboro song that is)

1:22 PM  

Hmmmm, maybe YOU are getting fresh ink on Sat! Congrats, pics please!!! ;-) Your so cute when you bitch about people, hahahah! what exactly IS your 'element' anyway? do tell..

have a great weekend Jenn Jenn...

j

2:12 PM  

Tattoo?
do tell...

3:05 PM  

Anger is good. Sarcasm is better. Well played.

6:11 PM  

I totally agree about the smoking thing. I am an ex-smoker, but people smoking doesn't bother me. People know what places allow smoking so they shouldn't act shocked or disgusted when people are smoking where they are allowed to. I guess some people just like to complain.

9:14 PM  

Don't make a trip to Cali. There is no smoking allowed in any public building.

10:55 PM  

YOu shouldn't keep your true feelings bottled up, Jenn. It's not good for you. You should learn to express yourself.

Next time, kick him and her in the crotch as you let a nie loud "yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaw!" fly from your lovely lips.

7:15 AM  

You're awesome Jenn. And also? I totally agree with the riding a cowboy statement. Now all I need is a cowboy...

8:43 AM  

so you want to see naked girls? is that what your saying?

11:12 AM  

and no one wants to wear cowboy hats and boots after Brokeback mountain

11:12 AM  

I do want to see naked girls.. therfore I will go to a strip club. I like your logic.

2:24 PM  

People who go to a bar and have a problem with ANYTHING piss me off. There's a reason people go to a bar - to drink and forget about other things, let us leave problems at the door

7:56 PM  

you should post a picture the new ink.... just a thought?

i've been meaning to complement you on the new look of your blog

11:57 PM  

Let's see the new tattoo - picture!

7:28 AM  

I had a similar experience involving Sarajevo and a bunch of Slavic goons who thought just because they draped a bunch of innocent civilians around the place that it belonged to them.

Mind you, I smoked back then, although it's just a teensy bit different when it's a city on fire and not some old bag complaining about cigarettes.

But it's the same principle, I think...

11:55 AM  

i imagine we'll get to see this new ink??
Or is this all smoke and no sizzle again?

3:02 PM  

So, can we get a picture of the new ink? Come on...give it up? :D

5:51 AM  

I want a picture of the new ink! Come on, Jenn! You show me yours and I'll show you mine...
Well, I have no NEW ink, BUT I'll still show you what I have! ;)

~Eyes

1:19 PM  

If somebody gets ill from smoke, I would think a club called "Cowboys" is the last place she'd go.

3:47 PM  

I've secretly always wished I smoked..

shhh.v

7:24 PM  

Did ya really blow your smoke in that old hags face? I LOVE IT..

ya got a new tat? lemme see!

can you still chat during the workday?

love ya kid,
dusterella

8:55 PM  

After ireland brought in a total ban on smoking in pub/restuarants etc, the UK has begun to follow suit to some extent.

It hasnt effected me yet because most pubs here still have a smoking area.
As for clubs, I cant see it happening myself.

I applaud your tollerance Jen.
No-one would dare say anything about someone smoking here, people are too shy, oh and their scared of the new happy-slapping phase which is among us.

Keyword: Happy-Slapping (look it up)

11:24 AM  

Ok, i'll do the hard work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_slapping

11:26 AM  

2. If you don't like cigarette smoke, DON'T FUCKING GO TO A CLUB WHERE
PEOPLE CAN SMOKE IN IT!


thank you Jenn!

I'm so sick of non-smokers. Yes, I'm a non-smoker, but if I have a huge buzz going, yes, I will join my buddy for a smoke. Non-smokers are the biggest P.C. Nazis out there.

In bars here in P.C.alifornia, you can't smoke. It's ridiculous. If I were running things, I'd have the owner get the choice of declaring a smoking/non-smoking bar.

It's a !@#$%^& bar! You don't go there for your health. Sure it sucks to be a waiter there, but like I said, I'd have the owner choose to declare the bar smoker/non-smoker. Then the waiter can decide which bar to work at.

9:29 PM  

a tattoo, cool.

10:16 PM  

I'm so in line with zombie's comments I can't even tell ya...

8:40 AM  

Heya Sexy!

I sooo agree with the cigarette smoke thing... if you don't like it... get your ass out!

OH, and Lucretia MacEvil is back!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home