Jenn's Reverie

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Priceless Memories

I'm back! I haven't done a "real" post, since. But time hasn't allowed me to do so. God I'm such a cyber geek. I was thinking when I was gone that I was gonna have some major blog catching up to do. I mean, I'm a blog stalker now, or something. Gabe and Eric's friends all got rolling too. To think it all started with Gabe. Then I had to be a cool blog nerd too. Then Katie got one by accident. Then came Bill, and so forth and so on. Now I got this daily "blog run" I feel the need to complete. To include the blogs of, Katie, Bill, Chelle, JayPop, Boko, Gabe, Eric (their friends) James, Warren, Jamie and of course the hillarious Jason Mulgrew. I have all your blog addresses memorized too. So feel the love! If you want any of the others address/links whatever you want to call it, just ask and I shall tell. Anyhow, I'll post about the trip right now, as much as time permits. It was really fun and an experience. I have to mention that the post written a couple post before this "Untitled poem, by Jenn" was inspired when listening to Eric's cd (Awesome, I might add. More on that later.) and I was on the plane and it was thundering and lightning out. I took the last line "Act two in a play that never was," from one of Eric's track titles, so that's copyrighted to him. Don't sue me! Gabe and Eric showed Mariah and I a really good time. Mariah was sure to tell Gabe how good his hair looked on a daily basis. Which, if you know Gabe, his hair is that of importance. He does have nice hair. Eric and Gabe got to talk to Katie and hear her say her famous "blag." So they said it a few times too. Katie, you're a star! They turned us on to some really good music. Most of which I've been turned on to in the recent months. Mariah learned a lot in the world of music. Gabe bought the new "Codeseven," so we all got to break it in together. We all agree that it's a great cd. Ready for this. . . I learned to appreciate hardcore! I had already liked some, but VERY little. But I was feeling their style. Although at times I wanted to break something or someone, but still. We got to listen to some hip hop. A DJ Rectangle cd that was kickass. Gabe is pretty generous when it comes to DJ in the car (trucks). Which I thought would be opposite, given he's a music Nazi. I'm the freakin' DJ Nazi. But I did well. Well, because I didn't want to get jumped, but still. Oh yeah, Mariah learned to appreciate the word Nazi and decided on calling Gabe a Nazi followed by anything that fit at the time. She also decided on the nickname "Snatch." Which escalated to Snatchleberry and Snatcherella at times. It was really funny, because every time he had this look on his face. One I can't put into words. I learned that Gabe's faces on pictures are priceless! And also not able to be put into words. Eric is camera happy. Eric and I have lots of weird little things in common. IE: always having safety pins on our shirts, not looking at camera's when taking a pic, and there's more, but I'm shooting a blank. We even dressed the same one day. Precious huh? I made it a point to tell him to "quit trying to be like me." Gabe gave me a really pretty ring, while we were at the ocean. It was really sweet and romantic. We went to the store where he got it to look around, and strange enough I didn't really like anything. Had that ring he got me been in one of the cases, it would have been the one that I had to have. So score there. The guys got to hear some of George Lopez via Mariah and I. I think they hate him now. Because it was NON-STOP. Sorry guys, with the "Y tu? Tu quieres papa fritas?" Mostly Mariah, but I had to play too. We learned their cool way to give a high five and brought it home with us. Yeah, this shit's going global! We got tattoo's by Gabe's artist. So it's my fourth but not really. I got one covered up. My first tat with color though. I'm happy with the outcome. Thank God! It IS a freakin' tattoo. I met Gabe's mom. The "Queen," who not just anyone can meet. That was a really good time. She's awesome. Not to mention his dad, "The Dude," who naturally made us feel so comfortable, it's like being in your own home. Got to hang out with Dan (his brother), girlfriend Marleigh and roomate Nicki. That was funtimes. We ended up telling damn ghost stories all night. Thanks guys, I'm thee absolute biggest chicken shit in the world. Mariah and I got excited and started sharing New Mexico scary places. Then I got to see Eric and Dan play bloody knuckles. I got pictures and all I can say is, priceless! We got shnazzied up and hit Sunset Blvd. No, I didn't get to dance. But I still had a great time. Didn't meet any stars. Wait, I lie, I threw Paris Hilton in a bush. Sorry Eric. We jumped into the ocean at 11pm, drunk. My first time actually going in the ocean! Woot woo! Talk about the quickest sober up of your life. We didn't have the common sense to take our clothes off, so you know. Well actually, Gabe and Eric were in boxers, I in jeans and a cami, Mariah fully clothed. The three of them got their shoes wet though. So on the way back to the hotel, it looked something like: Eric in the driver seat in boxers, Mariah flying passenger in only underwear, Gabe in boxers and a t-shirt in back, next to me, in a hoodie and panties. Sweet huh?! Sorry mom! I was a good girl though, I promise! So when we get back to the hotel, I'm not even trying to get out like that, so I put on the only dry pants, Eric's. I learned that we don't wear the same size. When jumping up over the bed of the truck to get the rest of my clothes the pants fell off and Gabe was behind me, so I blushed. Not really, I felt like an embarresed asshole. I guess they all went in like that, but I was too busy being worried about me being not fully clothed. They're braver than I. Before that, we got into a game of "Truth or Dare," old school style. Soon they learned that I don't play fair or ever pick dare. So mostly I got to be entertained with them. The game consisted of: a digital camera picture of Gabe's balls, which earned him the nickname Pitbull; Eric going onto the balcony in boxers and trying to start conversation with on-goers; Mariah flashing them, taking off her pants to show her granny panties, and also giving a Corona bottle head. Which Dan heard about later and wanted to compete with Mariah. I think he won. Since I'm back on Dan, he's a fucking cool guy. Very outgoing, and funny as hell. He did some Windsor Pilates for us and drank a lot. There's a priceless picture of Dan on the floor, Gabe over him, and Eric over Gabe. It started out with a massage, if I'm not mistaken, and escalted to that. Yeah, that's how they do! Again, Gabe's face on that picture. . . priceless! I was honored at the fact that Gabe said that I was "cool enough" to wear a 30 Seconds to Mars t-shirt, given it's one of his favorite bands. AND, I got my very own. Two at that! Gabe got me one and let me have the one I borrowed. I think he gave it to me because I wore it the day after the tattoo, so it got all crusty. Which in turn became "the crusty shirt." Back to Hollywood, mind you NONE of this is in order. I'm just going as it comes. I get to say that I went to "The House of Blues." Sweet huh? We drove around forever looking for a hotel, and finally decided on one after checking about 8. Eric tried convincing us to stay at a crack shack where he killed three prostitues, but we were good on that. Then they wanted to go to some haunted hotel place, yeah right. So I could pee on myself and yak all over in front of them? Nuh uh, not having it. I missed it, but Gabe and Mariah got down to get the room, and played newlyweds while inside. But they came back laughing, and it seemed to be a highlight for them. Eric stole the drop box for room keys, and made it a decoration in our room. Which, he also played guitar for us that morning before we enjoyed our continental breakfast. Gabe and Eric seem to think I have an undiagnosed case of ADHD. Not funny guys! I guess maybe I gave them the idea, but still. Come on it's vacation! No time for sleep! It's over-rated anyhow. Oh yeah, I can't remember what morning, but Eric said, "Hey look guys. You see that? That's right, I have no sleep in my eyes!" So that then became a new term for us. Mariah had enough sleep in her eyes for the four of us. She slept her life away out there. Maybe it was that damn pink pillow she carried around with her any and every where. I guess it was like her "blanky." We got into some arguments too. But that's okay, we're human. And five days with four people, someone's bound to bicker. The guys learned in order to hear no bickering (not just the girls either), was to play hardcore really, really loud. I'd agree that it was a good idea. We went to an Italian restaurant called Gino's, and Gabe showed us how he was going to eat if he didn't get silverware. We got sound effects and the whole bit. It was a great laugh. We didn't get to have the planned party due to some change in others lives, but it's okay. We sat at Gabe's and watched some of "The Difference Engine" video's as well as "Lying Face Down." That was a joy for me. I was in awe with the talent. And I got to see them rock, especially John! I kid! I kid! Gabe, tears it up on the mic. And that threw me into space. I really enjoyed it. Mariah's jackass missed out because she wanted MORE sleep in her eyes, or Eric to follow her to bed, or what have you. After the TDE video's, they broke out some home videos. Very entertaining. The ultimate, was Eric and some friends dropping it like it's hott to DMX's "Ruff Ryders Anthem." Priceless, just freakin' priceless. Also, the very cute video of Gabe and Eric celebrating Christmas, listening to Christmas jams and all. Looking all shnazzy! They're just precious! Oh yeah, I have to bask yet again in my victory. I FINALLY learned how to pop a Corona bottle with a lighter. Fuck yeah, bitches! Eric taught me how. I was so stoked. I've wanted to learn that since I was an underage alcoholic! I learned now in my old age, but still! I haven't seen any other girls do it. I'm sure there's some, but so! Okay, I'm not gonna proof read this post, I know it's been a long one. So I'll stop. But after going through it briefly, I noticed how many times I used the word priceless. Really, all the little things are what made the trip so special. So. . .California, Mariah, Gabe and Eric for 5 days. . .to sum it up, I'd say it was PRICELESS!

Thanks for the kickass time, the experience, and most definately, the memories! You guys rock!
Much love!
posted by Jenn Doll at 5:50 AM

3 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:48 AM  

Woah, I just checked my comment, and I have no idea how I posted that one paragraph twice. Me and technology just like each other that much. So I hope you didn't get excited you had 2 new comments, cause it's just 2 from me. Sorry lady!

12:50 AM  

I'm famous now! From coast to coast, people will be talking about me. Or from the Pacific Ocean to Lake Michigan at least. Same thing. If only we lived closer. I could have been there! I'm glad you're back now though, cause I get to talk to you. Those bastards Eric and Gabe stole you from me. I want to see pictures when you get more! It sounds like you all had a priceless time. You should have used that word more in your blag Jenn, just for the record. I'm glad you made it home safe and sound and I'm even more glad you have a great time out there.

For the record it's between you and I. (I can't get the italics to work)

Ok, this makes no sense, the order of my comments. I guess I had trouble, unbeknowst to me, and the 1st comment I made come out all fucked. So sorry I wasted 4 comments doing all this. But it's me, so what do you expect.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home