Jenn's Reverie

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Dinner On Dick & Bar Hopping

So Friday I got a last minute VIP invite to go watch Richard Gere shoot a scence for the movie he's currently filming out here. We met up with the detectives and headed on over to a restaurant where we ate some serious grub. My son referred to what he has as "wicked chicken!" Mr. Gere was supposed to have dinner with before or after but something didn't work out, so instead we just ate his food without him. Don't hate. After dinner we headed over to the set and watched them get ready for a "high-speed car chase." I quote that because there was nothing high-speed about it. It took more time for them to get things ready. But we did get to hear, "Aaand action!" And also. "Quiet all around the set. Rolling!" It was rad to say the least. Oh, and you are NOT supposed to take pictures of the set, gahdamnit! Yeah, here are some pictures of the set. That's him driving the car.

We stood out there for a couple of hours freezing our asses off. Though, my son managed to entertain us. He made us laugh LOTS. He also obsessed over Johnny Cash for a while which the others thought was cool. He saw Walk the Line and now he wants to be Johnny Cash. He thinks he sounds like him especially when he sings "Ring of Fire." He throws in an accent and all. My son rocks! Anyhow, eventually the director came to meet us and talk to us. He asked why we weren't standing by the heaters, snacks and refreshments and took us over there. When he did, what I like to call the pions started freaking out that we were in the way not knowing it was the director who brought us over to that area. He told them, 'I told them to come over here' when one lady insisted that we were in the way of the directors seat and he insisted back that they 'just move his TV's and seat.' He was awesome.

So, we got to watch from behind the directors seat while they shot a scence and standing right by us watching along was Claire Danes. Fucking rad. She's really pretty. So they're done with the scene and here comes Richard Gere's boucner waving his hands like 'come here.' So we all follow him on the set to meet Richard Gere. I tell my son we're going to go meet him now and he gets way excited. Richard was shaking everyone's hands and asking for names when he gets to Damian and I. He kneels down to Damians level and says, "Hi, what's your name?" And Damian seems shocked. I'm thinking it's because, 'wow, it's his first celebrity meeting.' So he tells him, "Damian" and then he asks, "How old are you?" Damian replies, "7." And I swear I saw Richard Geres heart break for a second and he says, "I have a little boy who's 6, almost your age. I miss him. I wish he was here with me." At that point Damian was still just staring at him when finally Richard stood up and introduced himself to me and such. Then Damian says, "Mom! Where's Richard Gere?!" I almost died. I said, "Damian, you were JUST talking
to him!" And he makes this loud ' jaw dropping oh my God!' sound. When we got home he said, "Mom, you know why I didn't know it was him? Because he looked younger in the movie (Pretty Woman)." He does of course look older, but he still looks good. I cropped me outta the picture with the four of us because I look absolutely horrid! But you can see my cheek and a hand. Those are my friends and of course my son.

On Saturday we headed to Graham Central Station where they have four huge clubs in one. We had a good time there and vowed to stay sober 'til we got downtown, which we did. We checked out the Hot Spot and then The Library and back to the Hot Spot. Then we went to I-Hop for breakfast where I realized I had some Robert guys credit/debit card instead of mine. The brillliant bartender gave me his instead of mine. Good job, asshole. I guess they DO only have to look cute in a school girl uniform. I had no access to my money therefore could not get my tattoo. I did go down there and watch Travis get devirginized. He seemed a little faint, but was happy with his first tattoo none the less. I'm supposed to go for mine tonight, but we'll see what the evening entails. I still have to go get my gahdamn debit card back.

Random Stuff:

* My sons teacher just informed me that she tested his reading and he is at a level 18. Fuck yeah, bitches.
* I will share a tattoo of the new ink when I get it. My artist already drew it up for me. I got the idea from Katie and I know ~Eyes will love at least the concept of it.
* It's only the 17th and this year just keeps rocking me right. I can only hope and pray for it to keep going in this direction.
* I can NOT express how much I am loving my new schedule. I am no longer a zombie. I get to visit family and friends.
* I can NOT express how much my family and freinds love my new schedule.
* I miss him.
posted by Jenn Doll at 7:02 PM

31 Comments:

:) Your son has such a bright smile. Thanks for the story and the pictures. I'm glad things are going well for you this year!

7:42 PM  

Who Me?

8:47 PM  

I have met several 'stars'. But I don't get all geeked about it. I could name drop, but that is not me either. I am glad that you had a great time on the set.

Damian is a stud, though!

9:09 PM  

Glad to hear the new schedule is so good. As for the Richard Queer stuff, well it's cool if you all had fun.

10:06 PM  

Sounds like a blast!

And I'm so glad the year is treating you good. You totally deserve it! Missing him is ok, but remember how much love WE all have for you!! TONS!!

10:18 PM  

That's so awesome. Looks like you guys had a ball.
can't wait to see the tatt!

11:40 PM  

Miranda, Thank you!

Yes, Daniel, You!

Rooster, I am a geek. Therefore I geek. It only seems logical.

Rat, babe, Urban Legends

Aww, Amber, thank you for that. You rock. But, you already know that.

Boko, I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

7:44 AM  

Jenns blowin up the Oh SIX.

Being on a movie set is something everyone should do once. I was once on the set of a local commercial with a local-yocal news anchor who put on a gallon of hairspray and wouldn't look at us PA's(those pions are probably PAs) and I bragged about that crap for weeks. Its cool to see what makes the wheels turn.
Rock On!

8:05 AM  

It's nice to see (and hear) the human side of celebrities sometimes. I'm also glad to hear they treated you and your posse right.
It figures the attitude crap came from those who may get their names in the credits, but no one will read them. Everyone is out of the theater but the time they scroll up. Which is not to say those people don't matter. Just not as much as they think they matter...
Just like the freaking Foley's clerk that gives you a hard time about a return!

8:34 AM  

Nice story, great pix. Did you offer the Officer/Gentleman any Tibetan wisdom to make him feel comfortable?

-- david

9:47 AM  

As usual, you rock Jenn. And that line from your son was so funny. Kids can be so innocent and wide-eyed.

12:03 PM  

Your little man is one cool cat. "Ring of Fire" is one of my son's favorite songs as well. Used to be his fave, but he has graduated to Willie Nelson. Good story.

2:46 PM  

Jen, that was the coolest story. I think Richard Gere got better with age, and is an amazing actor. Really, how cool!

9:28 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:20 AM  

Alright, good for you!!! I wish you didn't cut ya self out the pic. I'm sure you didn't look bad at all.

2:14 PM  

whats up miss Jenn?

3:11 PM  

Richard Gere? How did you guys manage such VIP treatment? That's so cool.

4:31 PM  

you change profile pics more than i change my underwear. which has to be at most once a week.

10:53 PM  

I didn't even mean the girble. Just look at him in any of his movies.

I figured the girble thing was just weekend fun.

11:29 PM  

That's wild about meeting Richard Gere and having Claire Danes standing next to you! I can't remember the last time I met a real celebrity. It's been awhile.

So, I'm trying to IM you and I can't. Are you up?

1:36 AM  

Living here in Vegas we have grown a little blase about celebs, but I still think its cool that you got to see Mr Gere on the set of a movie...

11:36 AM  

Richard isn't gay. That was just a vicious rumour started by Francis Ford Coppola over an incident at Rubicon in San Fran about fifteen years ago.

I say, if you make one good movie, like Apocalypse Now, and all the rest of your movies suck, except that Al Pacino's and Robert De Niro's acting barely saved the first 2 Godfathers, although I must say the cousin-fucking Andy Garcia failed to save III, then usually you get away with inane shit like that.

But, as the gerbilese rumour proves, FFC doesn't.

2:09 PM  

You changed your pic again and once again, it's a good picture of you. :)

Yeah, Danes is pretty. She's always been pretty, except in that horrible, horrible movie Terminator 3. That movie was so bad.

Glad '06 is working out for you so far and your son's doing well in reading. That's something to be really proud of.

2:38 PM  

You didn't explain the gerbil thing to your son, did you? Still, cool to meet a celeb... and your son's first, too cool. B) Congrats on his high reading marks.

4:45 PM  

Wow - what a great story. Nice picture - did you get his autograph, too?

Do we get to see the new tattoo when you get it?

4:51 PM  

i love how your son didn't recognize him at first...

kids are so perfectly innocent

12:06 AM  

Hey Hey!! Richard Gere ehh, that sounds like a cool night out.

we're loving you schedule too, and ...i miss him as well???

1:03 AM  

Your life seems awesome, my year kinda started fucked up, but I've got like 11 months for my luck to change. I so hope it does.

Could it be that you have my luck? ;) If you do, may I have a little bit back, the part where nobody dies, 'cause I really miss that part of luck.

5:07 AM  

Very nice Jenn. Damians response to Richard Gere is classic. From the lips of children come the funniest shit! Stuff that you laugh about years later! Lifetimes!

6:33 AM  

i wanted to see you in the photo with richard gere! i bet you were still a sweetness.

4:50 AM  

It's cool meeting celebs, especially when they are gracious. It doesn't always go that way.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home