Jenn's Reverie

Monday, May 01, 2006

Missing

This was found over at Rat's place. (It's Jenn with two n's. I know, I know. Picky bitch.) I called that number, but I was redirected to some place that speaks only foreign languages and something about midgets.

I'm trying to get over bronchitis and also other major things that have happened within my family. I haven't been to work in over a week and will not be back all this week either. I have vowed to get back into reading blogs as I have been bored of the other intarweb junk I've been killing my spare time with and honestly, I miss my blog buddies.

Lately I have been drowning myself in music and more than usual. Thanks to Kurt I have found a pretty sweet site that I can rip and burn from and now I can't stop! I'm obsessed with 311's cover of Love Song. I know, I know, 'the original's better.' I did't say it wasn't, I'm just obsessed with this one right now. Tool's new album is out! The 2006 line-up for Lollapalooza is insane! Bill's going and that makes me jealous. Katie sent me a hot track but, for the love of God I can't remember who it is or what it's called. Edit: I remember! Damien Rice "Delicate." HMT sent me some Marc Rizzo and I was definately impressed. Lately I've been listening to Soultionaries, Thievery Corporation, Eisley, Bjork, Queens Of The Stoneage, The Doors, lots of DJ Shadow, NIN, Metric, Death Cab For Cutie, The Secret Machines, The Arcade Fire, Bright Eyes, Interpol, Placebo, VHS Or Beta, Modest Mouse, A Perfect Circle, lots of Deftones, Weezer, Sneaker Pimps, Lamb Of God, Murder City Devils, Mum, Team Sleep, Cursive, Glassjaw, Coheed & Cambria, Lauryn Hill, Poison The Well, Jane's Addiction, Sublime, Wolfmother, Bleeding Through, Fear Factory, Ryan Adams, 30 Seconds To Mars and then some. I'm all over the place, I know. Though, the past couple of weeks I'm in 'chill mode.' Anything and all that is kickback.

Anyhow, sorry about the lame update, but it's an update, no? Go listen to some music, bitches.
posted by Jenn Doll at 10:57 PM

22 Comments:

WOW! so a "McFLY ALERT" does work! Glad to see you back and hope you have a quick recovery.

6:29 AM  

AT&T would only let me use 7 numners or letters.

I'll speak to Hapoo about the miscommunication.

I hope you're felling better soon!

Music is a great thing to drown yourself in. I can only think of one thing better than miusic.

Hope the family stuff works out well, too.

While you're resting, learn how to send email from the phone. I don't know how to, but you're younger and more hip than me so you can probably learn it.

8:18 AM  

It's funny, but music in my life has taken such a back seat.

10:08 AM  

I talk to you more when you're sick than when you're well, so I think bronchitus is awesome. I'm sure you agree. And I was just kidding when I said I wouldn't pick you and Bill up if you got too drunk at Lollapalooza, so you can come too. Is Bill really going? Sweet yo. You're gonna be so jealous when I meet him before you do. Don't worry, I'll send you a picture. It'll be just as good as meeting us. We're all picky about your names. I asked HMT to change Katherine to Kathryn, cause that's my name, don't wear it out. Get well soon bitch.

11:07 AM  

I'm listening to Rizzo right now at work...

it's how things work!

11:10 AM  

Since I am currently re-habbing and off for a MONTH.I am listening to tunes constantly..

good to see ya Jenn..*hugs*

3:29 PM  

while i am thrilled to have provided some information you find useful, i need to go on record as saying that i do not support or condone the unauthorized downloading of music. ;-)
hope you get better and can make it to work at least some this month. family can be both a blessing and a curse.
good luck.

8:33 PM  

That will be three Hail Marys and an Our Father, Kurt.

8:41 PM  

Blest are the bleak. They shall in blerit the blearth.

-Blible quote.

10:58 PM  

Ah, music.

Going to see Ministry in a few weeks. :)

Maybe I'll review the show. Heh, I need to do some post this month.

11:58 PM  

For now here, http://www.creepmind.blogspot.com/

I haven't had time to start the other one. there are some recent posts there.

4:29 AM  

Hope you recover fully very soon. We miss you.

9:16 AM  

rat, it isn't God's wrath i fear. it is the industry backlash combined with GW's penchant for discarding civil rights like napkins from his favorite BBQ joint.
I don't want to have to use soap-on-a-rope (if you know what i mean)

1:07 PM  

I know what you mean, and have been there. I start talking to myself and eating paint chips to get isolated in the psych ward though.

4:49 PM  

Yes, Tool does have a new album out. I've been listening to it nonstop. Yes, It's that good.

That's all I've been doing, just listening to music.

11:33 PM  

i can't wait to go see skynyrd in june. now that's some good tunage.

2:47 PM  

Skynyrd did a concert last year in my city--which is about 200 miles north of the American border. They did the great big tribute to America, and dedicated it to the American troops overseas, and at the end of it all a giant screen filled with F-16s made it look like a missing-man honour guard flew by.

At the end of it, among all the giant fireworks Americans seem fond of for some reason, a giant American flag unrolled, as Lynyrd Skynyrd wrapped up the song with an incredibly loud cresendo.

I guess the song was supposed to end in silence, and the roaring of the crowd was supposed to carry the moment, but when the music stopped, the place was completely silent. And I mean dead silent, you could hear the traffic out on the highway driving by, and there were 65,000 people there.

A friend of mine was in the second row, and after about ten seconds of dead silence he yelled out, "Get out of Iraq."

But, yeah, Skynyrd's cool.

6:09 PM  

Slacker, yes. We do miss ya. Btw, what's up with the unibomber look. I'm not complaining about the cleavage shot but you shouldn't be hiding in the hood. B)

3:00 PM  

Cleavage shots are nice!

11:12 PM  

nice cleavage

8:28 AM  

my...but you are a hot...hot woman, aren't you? :D

2:56 PM  

Ack! Get better :(

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home