Jenn's Reverie

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Only the Strong Survive. . .

Frustration is inevitable when I'm trying to talk to someone fighting a freakin' war and the connection over the phone just isn't there. I've gotten use to the fact that when Adrian or Angelo call it takes a few seconds for the other person to intercept what has been said. So I've learned that I have to wait a few seconds after I say something before they get it and vise versa. It's annoying, but I've adjusted. Well, about two weeks ago Angelo called and we got to talk for like 15 minutes!! That's a lot. Usually we have a very short amount of time. So we talked, I gave him the "good news." Which was, my brother (his best friend) and Marylyn are getting married. I told him that he was deemed best man and myself maid of honor. I also got to tell him that not only do they want us to baptize Breanna but the baby on the way. I told him that all of this means we get to spend lots of money. He sounded excited, although I sensed in the tone of his voice that he'd rather be here sharing the news as we get it. So it made me feel a bit down. Then we had to get off the phone because someone was talking to him and he said he had to "work." Whatever that may be in the middle of a war. He told me that he would be calling me the following day at the same time. So, I anticipated his phone call that Saturday, which I never got. It drove me freakin' batty. Anyhow, it's been about three weeks but he got to call today. When I answered my phone all I heard was static and some other racket. I said hello repeatedly and eventually I started asking "Angelo, is that you?" After about two minutes of static I heard "Jeennn!" It WAS Angelo! It was hard to hear him. He sounded very distant. He said he thought it was my cell, which I know it wasn't, but he said he'd call me back on my house phone. Sooo, then I'm left playing the waiting game, but eventually the phone rang and it was Angelo again. I could hear him for the first 30 seconds or so then the volume of his voice would begin to fade. He was asking me to call his mom which he said repeatedly before I made out what he was asking me. After I figured it out, I started getting frustrated because I knew he needed a favor and I wasn't hearing him. Then he was trying to give me her work number and was having to give it to me one number at a time. Well, I got the number, but no freakin' extension. We got disconnected. So I call this number and it's Foley's. As if this isn't a huge corporation. So I get transferred to personnel and I'm asking for his mom simply by her first name. They're probably thinking, "who the hell are you and what do you want?!" I didn't know whether his mom let people know her son was in Iraq or not but in order for me to find her I told them what had happened. So I found the department she was working in and just my luck, "she's not in today." I try her at home and nothing. I try about three more times, still nothing. Eventually I left a message. The reason I was trying to get her ASAP was because Angelo said he'd be calling in an hour for the answers to his questions and so forth. Well he called back and we got to establish what it is he needed but before he could give me the rest of his mom's info. I heard a really loud and extensive beep, and I start with the "Angelo's are you there?! Angelo?!" Nothing. My heart starts beating while my stomach knots up. I didn't get to say bye and God bless you and we all love you. Frustation is beyond me. Then I get all the feelings I try to avoid right back. . .frigtened, anxious, nervous, faint-hearted, and so much more. All of which is so very over-whelming. So as of right now, I'm sitting here waiting for the phone to ring. Will it ring? Or do I have to wait another three weeks? Just got off the phone with his mom about five minutes ago. One of the things he wanted to know was his account balance. Which then brought up his ex. They have two beautiful little girls together. Angelo really got himself into a dilemma with her. The first child we all suspect may not be his. He has never cared because he loves his baby girl regardless. He married Keri because he wanted to have a family. Angelo, by the way, is the family man and father of any sane girls dreams. Though most girls today aren't sane! I'm sure you'd concur. So then his mom tells me that Keri and her new boy went to visit the other day. Can you guess why? Well, lemme tell you. They needed money! Isn't it ironic? They've decided that they're going to have there baby baptized along with Aaliyah, Angelo's youngest. Yeah, they need money for Aaliyah's dress and want to take it out of his account. Is that not the duty of the God parents to be? Nino and Nina themselves? I'm freakin' livid! So they're going to do it without him here. They can't wait for him to get home. And I have to tell Angelo this. I can't stand this girl!! Man if I could get a hold of her. But I know I have to leave that to a higher power. She's ugly as all hell too! And those of you who know me, how many people have I called ugly in my life time? Really? Her snaggle toothed, gold digging, perm-of-the-80's, horns of the devil, lying little wrench! UGH! She was physically ugly to begin with and when she opened her mouth, it was like a little demon jumped out. Anyhow, eventually he found out she was cheating on him. And finally he started to listen to everyone that Keri is just a loony. The last time they were out here he told me that when he got back the first thing he would do is divorce her. They've been legal separated for a while now, though the divorce isn't final. She's trying to take him for everything he has, literally. All he wants, is his kids. Even now, him there, she's still trying to take more money. Stupid bitch! So anyway, when he gets back his intentions are on getting a great lawyer and fighting for custody of his daughters. Just now when I was talking to his mom, I found out that it's possible Keri may be re-married. Um, excuse me! Don't you have to be divorced from your husband before you go around marrying someone else? I don't know, that's just my insane gesture. Oh yeah! And the laws!! Anyway, I told his mom that I hope she did get re-married because it'll just play out in Angelo's favor when they take it to court. And fighting for the girls won't be a problem. Keri's ready to let them go. She has a 3rd child from this new guy. Yeah, all while she's been married. Isn't it terrific?! She say's she can't handle all three kids. A statement made also when she only had two. So I think things will go his way. Angelo is the most angelic person I know. And I know that God will do for him after all that he's endured. A man with only heart for the people around him. Someone who doesn't care what others think about him as long as he's making his loved one's happy. A person who has no problem expressing how he feels for others, even if it's his best friend. And believe me, my brother can be a pain in the ass with his friends! After what Keri, others and fighting this war have done, in the end Angelo will win. I think God has chosen this path for him because it's true that only the strong survive!
Until next time...

God Bless Angelo and our Soldiers fighting for us!

Whoa! How dumb am I?! I just noticed something. I said Angelo was the
most angelic person I know. ANGELO! It's even in the name! Sweet!
As some say...
There's signs all around you!
posted by Jenn Doll at 6:45 PM

2 Comments:

You're so hooked on Angelo. Ahh, tis sweet.

Psycho baby mommas :|

*secret person*

2:14 AM  

so did angelo get the kids? both of the girls?

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home